MrFURB Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username MrFURB

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): Central Time (-6:00)

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? A solid maximum of around 30 hours a week. Barring unforeseen circumstances such as travel, I am capable of spending most of my afternoons and evenings how I please.

How long have you been playing StarMade? Erm... Memory of an exact date fails me but it has been at least two years. I remember the game's price being only a dollar at the time and I was excited about the ability to create factions.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? I tend to spend the majority of my time offline building things that look sharp and testing obscure contraptions. I will occasionally hop online and lone-wolf things for a while in order to test a design in a PvP environment... But I have been thinking of joining up with a larger faction as of late.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? I have long been a fan of theory crafting and have attempted to look at game design from both an inside and outside perspective. I love digging into and discussing the underlying concepts of why we find certain things enjoyable, and I enjoy harboring discussions on that topic.
    One thing I can promise with certainty is a lack of personal drama and a helping hand in ensuring that the council runs smoothly and focuses on what's important at the time.

What are some of your weaknesses? I'm not bilingual, which may hinder interactions with foreign portions of the community. Obligations to family may require me to occasionally travel, though I should still have internet access.

What motivates you to become a council member? I've been either following or actively promoting Starmade since the day I've heard of it; not because of what it was but because of what it could be. The chance to be an integral part of the community backing the game is secondary only to putting in effort with the reward of making what could be into what will be.

How do you contribute to the community currently? Currently I'm serving SMD as a moderator for the Starmade forums and chat. I'm actively participating in discussions on the forum, occasionally helping on exterior sites, and plan on releasing some of my in-game creations once I'm no longer embarrassed of them.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.