More useful sensor block

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I had an idea that would add two extra functions to the sensor. Currently it outputs a signal to any adjacent activation blocks if it detects a value greater than or equal to what it's set to detect. My idea is to have it also activate any adjacent NOT gates if the detected value is less than or equal to what it's set to detect. By putting an activation block on one side of the sensor and a NOT gate on the other side and connecting both to an AND gate we would also be able to detect exactly equal to. If this isn't something that could be done perhaps you could give us an inverted sensor block which simply detects less than or equal to instead of greater than or equal to.

Reactions: Malacodor
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    While it's possible to make a "less than" detector by simply linking a NOT gate to an activator next to the sensor, there's no feasible way of detecting if a storage is completely empty.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While it's possible to make a "less than" detector by simply linking a NOT gate to an activator next to the sensor, there's no feasible way of detecting if a storage is completely empty.
    I literally just posted an idea for this and noticed this thread below it, and decided to check it out to make sure I didn't post a duplicate. You might want to check it out. :) Suggestion for the new Sensor Block
    [doublepost=1475075779,1475075567][/doublepost]
    I had an idea that would add two extra functions to the sensor. Currently it outputs a signal to any adjacent activation blocks if it detects a value greater than or equal to what it's set to detect. My idea is to have it also activate any adjacent NOT gates if the detected value is less than or equal to what it's set to detect. By putting an activation block on one side of the sensor and a NOT gate on the other side and connecting both to an AND gate we would also be able to detect exactly equal to. If this isn't something that could be done perhaps you could give us an inverted sensor block which simply detects less than or equal to instead of greater than or equal to.
    I like this idea, but Malacodor is right. You can just put a not block on the activation block to get the not value. But as for the exact value, perhaps an "or block" could be used to keep it simple.

Last edited: