More things to DO

Select all that apply.

• I am completely satisfied building ships/stations THAT LOOK NICE and I know what I'm doing..

Votes: 3 30.0%
    • I am completely satisfied building ships/stations THAT ARE EFFICIENT and I know what I'm doing.

Votes: 2 20.0%
    • I enjoy the PVP and I get enough of it to be satisfied.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • I'm bored of the game.

Votes: 7 70.0%
    • I think more content sounds better than improving the current features.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    StarMade REALLY schines when it comes to building great looking ships. (Combat comes in second)

I feel StarMade has been lacking is exploration rewards. Things that reward players for going out into the universe that StarMade generates. Because for anyone not satisfied by building spaceships for looks or doesn't have an artistic eye, or even enjoys the, rather infrequent occurrence of, pvp, the game feels empty and bland.

Do I have any more specific ideas? Yeah.
    Add:
    >Rare things that are useful somehow!

>Rare things occasionally hidden in derelict stations and other bodies such as:
    • Ancient weapons that are op (could break the game)
    • Ancient weapons that are op but have limited uses!
    • Treasures that do nothing!
    • Treasures that do something?
    • Treasures that boost factories.
    • Treasures that each boost something.
    >Treasure maps
    Edit:[
    >Or a series of star coordinates each with a radius and clue.
    ]
    TL;DR
    The game can afford to take a break from developing and improving the areas its already great at in favor of new areas, that add content to the game.

Last edited:

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    They need to finish all of the half-implemented features. Then at least we can enjoy whats already in the game, as opposed to getting frustrated at a dozen things that don't work correctly.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm all for various collectible treasures. That would be easy to add and to implement as rare finds. They can be status symbols or maybe provide a barely perceivable boost. You know, like bobbleheads or beanie babies, but more blinky and futuristic. A copy of the cargo computer block with blinky lights would be fun and contain more treasure.

I would like more copies of the activation block, with different looks, to create different control panels. Then it would be more fun to create "adventure maps" of our own. (Hmm... New template library idea....)

Edit:
    The thing with adding these particular bits of content, which are really just copies of existing blocks, is that the content devs can work on it, and the main game dev, Schema, can continue working on existing features in the core game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps there could be sets of artifacts, that you could put in a machine once you had all the parts to get the most powerful things.
    Also, when I say treasure maps, I should also mention chains of coordinates. Like each hidden spot you find tell you one or more systems the next clue will be hidden in, and it would have a hint you'd use to find it. ie: { 67, -98, 4 ; 5 eyes o' zer } would mean the obvious system coordinates, (or with a 4th number perhaps the nearest star's sector coordinates and a radius) and the 5 eyes o' zer, is 5 asteroids of zercanner where you'd find and obvious man made structure on one which holds your item or next clue.
    [doublepost=1502329537,1502329085][/doublepost]
    They need to finish all of the half-implemented features. Then at least we can enjoy whats already in the game.
    What they need to do is stop improving and adding things that already attract people to the game, and add things that are new, interesting, and unique, so that the game stands out, and people have more options to prevent boredom with the game, and thus players from leaving because of it.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    There are base features that aren't even complete yet. Quality over quantity is almost always a good policy, just look at Space Engineers and its bugs and performance issues or No Man's Sky with its lack of interconnecting gameplay aspects in return for a focus on more random items and locations.

This is a nice suggestion, but it's better suited for the future. No use drawing new players into a game that can't satisfy most of them just yet, especially if they don't come back when it's done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are base features that aren't even complete yet. Quality over quantity is almost always a good policy, just look at Space Engineers and its bugs and performance issues or No Man's Sky with its lack of interconnecting gameplay aspects in return for a focus on more random items and locations.
    Consider Minecraft. In Minecraft collecting resources is largely blind and requires an amount of labor. while StarMade has resource gathering, you can simply seek it out via the radar and collect it rapidly with your space ship. Its like exploring vs shopping.
    One has had dungeons with unusual items since somewhat early on, and one has empty space stations you cant recover effectively and while they did have loot, it wasn't anything you couldn't already just make or find in an hour of gameplay. One has discovery and rewards for such that have use in other parts of the game in new and interesting ways that not every player had. One does not.

This is a nice suggestion, but it's better suited for the future. No use drawing new players into a game that can't satisfy most of them just yet, especially if they don't come back when it's done.
    Indie programmers aren't getting paid for long if no one buys the game.

The StarMade features that work reasonably well right now are what they shouldn't be focusing on. Now, fleats, that would be something to fix. Maybe crew too, but to a lesser degree. But to completely redesign how power works when the current system is fine and there's like 3 things to do in the game, is just silly.

Reaction score
    The StarMade features that work reasonably well right now are what they shouldn't be focusing on. Now, fleats, that would be something to fix. Maybe crew too, but to a lesser degree. But to completely redesign how power works when the current system is fine and there's like 3 things to do in the game, is just silly.
    I kind of agree with this. Re-doing the power kind of feels like re-inventing your rims when you already have useable wheels and the rest of the car is just a frame. Ships are perfectly enjoyable with the current power and the rest of the game is totally empty. I guess it depends on how many new things are going to be relying on the underlying power code moving forward. The more new things they add, the harder it might be to change such a core mechanic after there is a pile of content.