More intricate and in-depth faction permissions?

To what degree do you agree?

• Non-interference is the prime directive. (nuetral)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I think I like things the way they are.

• HEY! Im one of those trolls!

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    This has been bugging me for a while now, and I cant seem to find any threads on the matter, so here goes: my first suggestion thread! Topic: faction permissions. Reason: they SUCK. I'm not talking about the faction permission modules, I'm talking about the current ranking system for factions in Starmade. There is currently no rank for "we don't trust you to be left alone with our stuff." I know an easy solution would be to just get people you know IRL to join, but wheres the fun in that? Especially if you, well, don't know many people IRL that like the game... In my first two factions, Ive had a troll weasel past the security checks I conducted and screw with the base and ships till I could kick them from the faction. But enough back story, time to get into the nitty-gritty of the matter.

What do I think would solve this problem? I think there should be more "ranks", or have a system that gave permissions to individual players. To stop this from being too much of a wall of text, and to prevent carpal tunnel, I'll plot it out in some bullet points.

What I think should be added:

----Players get to "own" their ship or personal station by claiming the faction block upon creation of the ship/station, so it is bound to that player's name.
    ----The owner of an object can select what type of people can edit said object, so certain things can be more private, while others are more open to the whole faction.
    ----Faction bases should have their own editing tier, so no new faction members can just mine all the expensive stuff and run away with it.
    ----In my opinion, lock boxes embedded with a player name would be cool as well, as it would make having "crew quarters" more than just aesthetics.
    ----There would be permissions for these so an elite member of the faction could edit other players ships, stations, or lock boxes.

Maybe in my noobishness in the world of faction leading I missed some little trick to keep the trolls and spies out? In any case, I want to see these things added because they would add a lot more depth to the game, and make pretty much everyone feel a lot safer leaving their ships at the faction dock at night.