More ??? from the Newbie

Reaction score
    I'm having trouble docking. I am my docking beam at the basic rail and end up miles "docked" in the middle of nowhere. This doesn't happen all the time but about 50%. Any ideas?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This is a bug, not sure on the cause tho, apparently something to do with a ship being seperated from its collision box.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I had this problem when my station was on a sector boundary.

Reaction score
    Yeah I keep having this issue even on my large ship with a launch bay. I seem to more successful the closer I am to the rail. The docking ship behaves as if it is docked. Is it? Is afforded the protected status that a ship has when is docked to your "home". Btw, I seriously doubt the "home station protection ". I have received plenty of station damage while it was marked as my faction home.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    Is your station close to a sector boundary ? I used to have this problem when I placed a station on the boundary. When you dock to the station while your ship is in another sector this can happen.

Reaction score
    I don't think so. It is orbiting a planet so maybe the orbit brings it near the border. I will pop the Galaxy map next time it happens to see where I am. Kind of a drag when it takes 30 minutes to dock. If it's a big ship docking with the station, the hard part is just lining it up again. Been thinking about a grappling system. I made a docking clamp that holds some small ships in place on a docking rail (simulated) for a future airlock/jetway.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm strange I normally don't put stations in the planet sectors or a 1 sector radius of them because of bugs. >_>

Reaction score
    I think it may be related to the sector boundaries. I was in a different game file and everything was working, but then I tried to pick up a turret that was with in 2km of sector boundary and got the same glitch. I rebuilt the turret further (if you exit the core prior to undocking you cannot renter it {maybe it doesn't exist at that location but I don't where it really is anymore}) and everything was fine.