Recognized More detailed server errors to help admins track down problems with rails.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    In the server console screen, provide more information that allows the admin to actually find what is causing repeating messages such as "Failed to activate blocks: 25" On very large builds, this can become overwhelming to track down. Coordinates they can teleport to, or some other way to help guide the admin to the offending elements.

(This is coming from someone who has spent a lot of time hunting down that one entity which is still trying to run through another docked entity on the same rail in an attempt to avoid bizare collision issues.)

Reaction score
    Totally agree, but I'm thinking this should be a priority later in development. Just due to Schine trying to do many other improvements that will really add to the game-play. The game needs to be fleshed out more still, so minor fixes or improvements like this should probably be qued and done at intervals when they are planning their next big item to work on or add in.

Reaction score
    Funny, I was thinking this should be fairly high priority, since it is an error-finding system that is allready in the game, this would just be patching it to give more "human usefull" information.

Reaction score
    Funny, I was thinking this should be fairly high priority, since it is an error-finding system that is allready in the game, this would just be patching it to give more "human usefull" information.
    If it is easy I agree, but the other thing I was thinking is how often does this error occur. I have yet to encounter it is all. I assumed it would be a low priority fix. My apologies if I am wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I agree with all of this.. and understand from both points of this. I do hope that this does become a more readable dialog in the server console so we as server owners and such can find that nasty little thing having the collision. This would have saved me 3 hours hunting down and destroying MANY a ship to find the culprit (RIP ships)