Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would really like to see more colors for blocks in this game. Right now there are basic colors, but not anything really in-between. why not have light and dark variations of each? I'm not sure if it's possible due to some core part of the game, but it would really help the games modability if such things could be added. One thought I had was to add RGB sliders or a HEX color code. Also, first post!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think it would be nice, but the inventory is so cluttered at the moment. I think before the devs consider adding new colors, they need to consolidate all the different shapes into one in the inventory. (Which is planned) I personally am behind light and dark variations because I desperately want a beige color.

Adding RGB sliders has been addressed already, and it's not going to be done because it will increase the size per block, negatively affecting performance.

The best you can do for now is check out other texture packs.

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I did find a texture pack with some pretty neat textures. Its called the "DirtySpace Texture Pack", with lots of cool, rugged textures, including some better hull textures. I really like the white hull, its not as blinding as the designs in the vanilla texture packs. :)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    or you could ask someone to add some xtra blocks of colors of your choice to the t002.png then they would have to add them to the blocktype.properties and blockconfig.xml and you are good to go. :)

edit: Also, a quick thought, instead of sliders.... couldnt they just add more colors using paint? then you could paint the block to the color of your choice? You could get around this by using a newer form of crafting paint like... 2 red 1 blue make a darker purple , have it = enough paint to paint say 5 blocks or so, have it with a range of 1 - 20 where 20 is the lightest , ie: 20 red 20 green 20 blue = bright white.. and 10 red 10 green 10 blue = grey ,then you could make all ranges of light n dark colors ...idk ,just an odd thought is all...

Last edited: