Modifying starting inventory?

Reaction score
    Hi guys, new to hosting a server and I would like to give starting players a completed blueprint so they can spawn in a ship from the get-go. I see in the gameconfig.xml it shows stuff like that, but I don't know how to add onto it properly or what ID I would use for an existing blueprint. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    new to hosting a server and I would like to give starting players a completed blueprint so they can spawn in a ship from the get-go. I see in the gameconfig.xml it shows stuff like that, but I don't know how to add onto it properly or what ID I would use for an existing blueprint.
    Your on the right track. For block id values for the yourstarmadefolder\gameconfig.xml file look here:

yourstarmadefolder\data\config\BlockTypes.properties

To add a blueprint look below the blocks in the same gameconfig.xml file look for:

<!-- uncomment and edit the following to give the player a blueprint at the start -->
    <!--
    <Blueprint>
    <Name>Isanth Type-Zero C-</Name>
    <Filled>true</Filled>
    <Slot>inventory</Slot>
    </Blueprint>
    -->

Just remove the ! only the red one and change the blueprint name to match the one you want to give to your players. Make sure the group starts with <-- and ends with -->

In the same gameconfig.xml file you can also set the maximum outputs for salvage\weapons computer. As well as a maximum mass and block limit. I highly recommend you set these to match your servers CPU power.

To edit .xml files or others check out Notepad++

Some more info for server setup can be found here:

Fixing StarMades Continued Play Value

Reaction score
    Your on the right track. For block id values for the yourstarmadefolder\gameconfig.xml file look here:

yourstarmadefolder\data\config\BlockTypes.properties

To add a blueprint look below the blocks in the same gameconfig.xml file look for:

<!-- uncomment and edit the following to give the player a blueprint at the start -->
    <!--
    <Blueprint>
    <Name>Isanth Type-Zero C-</Name>
    <Filled>true</Filled>
    <Slot>inventory</Slot>
    </Blueprint>
    -->

Just remove the ! only the red one and change the blueprint name to match the one you want to give to your players. Make sure the group starts with <-- and ends with -->

In the same gameconfig.xml file you can also set the maximum outputs for salvage\weapons computer. As well as a maximum mass and block limit. I highly recommend you set these to match your servers CPU power.

To edit .xml files or others check out Notepad++

Some more info for server setup can be found here:

Fixing StarMades Continued Play Value
    Thanks a bunch! Coding is not my forte =P