moderator wants to forbid me from talking to people

Reaction score
    today I thought about striking up a casual friendly conversation with a random man on the chat, and I accidentally clicked on WarSong, and starmate WarSong turns out to be a moderator, but he wants to forbid me from possibly developing new friendships by messaging people, I thought that's what the chat is for?

see for yourself, I can send you the whole log of my chat if you want,

I was caught in a normal friendly conversation with mister JimmyJamba and he did not seem disturbed by my presence, but it seems I have been banned or possibly muted from the chat!

is this the way this situation should be dealt with?! do I lose the right to strike up conversations in attempt to befriend people?

here is the evidence http://imgur.com/mD9yumN

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Why do I get the feeling that you\'re not giving all the context here.

Reaction score
    03/01 23:18Puck

hey

03/01 23:36WarSong

yessir

03/01 23:45Puck

I want you to listen to me very carefully

03/01 23:50Puck

I\'m herculez

03/01 23:52Puck

who is yourself?

00:00WarSong

I\'m always WarSong

00:00Puck

do you have any chariots

00:00WarSong

no, and i hope you havn\'t been msging other people like this starmate puck

00:02Puck

no man is superior to herculez

00:02Puck

I don\'t really come from outer space

00:03Puck

is it insane for herculez to strike up friendly conversation

00:04WarSong

it\'s not insane per-se however it does worry someone who moderates that chat room

00:04WarSong

like me

00:05WarSong

i moderate the chatroom

00:05Puck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2dUkNJZJ8Q

00:05WarSong

adorable

a fine chariot, but where is your horsez

I will be back

00:07Puck

I am back

00:08WarSong

puck plz d not msg people without permission from them

00:08Puck

has somebody complaint on herculez?

00:09WarSong

AYE

me

00:09Puck

you are not you, you are me

tick tock imma clock that\'s all i got now please, final warning, stop msging ppl

00:10Puck

does starmate warsong forbid people to talk to people in the act of giving birth to a new friendship

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I was about to say the exact same thing

Any of the mods would need a full chat log for the convosation from warsong. most bans from here are only temporary, so if I was you, I would wait it out until you are allowed back in, unless you want new enemies and a flame war on your hands.

Reaction score
    do you consider this conversation offending in any way, I attempted to share my views and possibly find a tune with WarSong, instead I was instantly told to not message people

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I am sorry, but the kick/ban is justified, he repeatedly told you to stop, warning you he was a mod. You didnt. Mods are here for a reason, and if you are told to drop it, it should be droped. yet you defied him, so he kick/banned you.

I feel this should be the end of this and recommend the thread be locked so that this doesnt turn into a flame war

Reaction score
    no, he told me to stop messaging people, not to stop the conversation with him self

I asked him if he had any chariots (ships) and he just told me that he hopes I haven\'t been talking like this to other people, what kind of friendly dealing is this?

Reaction score
    Pretty much you poked at a moderator, and wouldnt leave him alone when he obviously wasnt in the mood to be pestered by you continuing to message him after he asked you not to.

Reaction score
    I asked him if he had any chariots (ships) and he just told me that he hopes I haven\'t been talking like this to other people, what kind of friendly dealing is this?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    He clearly didnt want that conversation, and you kept dragging it on, that is what he meant by \"puck plz d not msg people without permission from them\". That is where it should have ended, if not sooner. No matter what you say, that chat log is spamming a person who did not want to be spammed, and then he banned you. simple.

Reaction score
    by the way, He did not directly tell me to leave him alone, he was educating me on how to deal with the people in chatroom

Reaction score
    This was stupid

Warsong needs to lift the ban immediatly. There are no rules stating that you can\'t message people without their permission, and mods are supposed to ENFORCE the rules, not make new ones.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    If you said \"do you have any ships?\" the conversation would have went alot smoother, but no. you were obscure and rude, and poked at a mod. that is never a wise thing to do, you deserve the punishment.

Reaction score
    that\'s right I mean, I just thought \"oh let\'s give it a shot\" and I started talking to him hoping to exchange some ship pictures and whatnot and here he starts educating me on needing permissions to strike up conversations and such

I mean if he\'d just told me \"find someone else to talk to, not in the mood right now\" I would have gone away before you knew it but I was not happy with him telling me to stop talking to people

Reaction score
    how was I rude? copy and paste one rude message I posted in that conversation... I hope you do not consider \"chariot\" rude, you know, just saying \"you have any ships eh?\" seems kinda plain and lifeless to me so I wanted to colour my sentences a bit

Reaction score
    and why even mention \"poke at a mod\", so solely for the fact that this person is a mod he is alltogether something else than regular people?, I didn\'t even have any way to know he was a mod before starting the conversation, and when he informed me that he was a mod, I wanted to drill down to the reason why he doesn\'t want me to message people and develop new friendships

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Rude does not necessarily refer to language, would you like it if I kept jumping in your face with messages, no matter if I told you to stop? He told you to stop, and you didnt listen, and he has the back up of another mod,so he wasn\'t being a bully to you in particular as another mod has his back.

Therefore I am restating my previous comment, and recommending the thread be locked. This is going to spin into a flame war, and we don\'t need another one

Reaction score
    not a few days ban.

People shouldn\'t talk or behave like that, at least if they consider themselves human beings.

Especially if it\'s just to annoy others; Healthy people wouldn\'t do that to begin with, and making yourself look mentally handicapped is, in truth, only bad for one person: You.

If you truly don\'t understand what was wrong with how you acted, you really might have such problems. But I don\'t think that\'s the case. This thread is more likely the second round of your poor attempt at trolling.

Once again; it\'s not bad for us if you make yourself look stupid. It\'s bad for you. Are you so starved for attention that it\'s worth it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am suprised he did not ban/ devoice you for harassment, I see a bunch of \"Pointless\" thing being PMed to people.

Reaction score
    and I am telling you again he did not tell me to stop, if he told me to stop talking to him, it would look like this, \"please stop talking to me now, I am not feeling like talking to you\", instead he was trying to give me some rules on permissions to talk to people in the chat