Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Moderators need to be trained to learn how to see the difference between innocent jokes and rude comments.
    Some of the current moderators are currently not capable of doing this and are therefore not suited to be moderators.

This post is written because the current moderators have clearly shown that they cant tell the difference between friendly jesting and actual hostility.
    A user in some of the moderator's discord server said "reee admin aboose" as a joke to tell they where annoyed with the moderators (admins in that server) pinged everyone for no good reason multiple times.
    The moderators then proceeded to get annoyed by that and banning the user after the user said "this is why we cant have nice things on SMD (or something along those lines)"

Fix your sh*t.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How a user chooses to run their Discord server is not the remit of the SMD moderation team.

Reactions: 0ldSkull

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How a user chooses to run their Discord server is not the remit of the SMD moderation team.
    No but it shows how they would do moderation on SMD.
    In fact it's easy to see similarities already
    [doublepost=1520628470,1520627869][/doublepost]
    See it like this.
    If I drove horribly in my own car, always bumping into things and such, would you then let me use your company car?

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am not sure how much you can compare a risk to life to the risk of getting banned from a forum. In one instance the consequence may be irreversible and life changing. In the other we're, in all likelihood, talking about someone who persisted in behavior that they had been previously warned about having the rules enforced upon their actions.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am not sure how much you can compare a risk to life to the risk of getting banned from a forum. In one instance the consequence may be irreversible and life changing. In the other we're, in all likelihood, talking about someone who persisted in behavior that they had been previously warned about having the rules enforced upon their actions.
    it wasnt about risk it was about behavior patterns, oversimplified but still.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Complaints about the moderation of other people's Discords, not associated with this site or Schine should be taken to the Discord server itself. People are free to moderate their own communities how they wish, we have no authority over that.

As for jokes, I'll just quote this:

DukeofRealms said:
    A note on jokes: Jokes have their time and place. Words in and of themselves are inoffensive, and there are certainly many cases where derogatory terms can be used lightheartedly. However, this isn't a social network, a comedy club, tv show etc. When you post public content on SMD, you agree to the condition that this forum is a place for civilised discussion, primarily on the game StarMade. Jokes require context to work, tone, often being the primary indicator. All sorts of elaborate conversation and humour that works well over voice, either is impossible to accurately convey or very hard to achieve due to the nature of text-based conversation. As such, jokes that deal with darker material are in most cases not appropriate.
    Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.