modding tool set

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    before the trolls come to feed, I'm aware of SMEDIT. I'm also well aware of what it does and vaguely how we are supposed to use it. what many are not aware of is what it cant do.

it cant edit game scripts. it cannot specifically define files of types to scripts of code. basically it cant do anything that isn't involving a blueprint. it does fine doing what it is supposed to, and that is edit blueprint files. but it cant do very much beyond that.

I'm asking specifically about the block editor thing? It's that obscure and generally unused or unknown part of the current launcher, look at it under modding if you want to find out what it is.

What can it do? well, It can do quite a lot actually. It can create custom textured ( but currently can not create new shaped) blocks and even make recopies for them, and set how they spawn or appear in the world. OK that's fine, but what about sound support. Can I for example set a sound file to play when interacting with a new block? or could I perhaps maybe set one to loop play like the current core block does? well sorry, no it currently cant do that. but that is now what I'm asking why not? what I really want is the editor to really create new items for the game make this editor do more. so how about it will it ever be able to be the make everything box, we really want starmade to be?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think currently we are not even able to have 2 different blocks for power generation or doors.

But I hope I am wrong.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    as far as i know we already do, and can make alternative blocks for those, well power has 2 different, but doors currently can be textured separately, and new doors can be made, however as stated before it cant make new shaped blocks. if we could make new shapes it would open new possibilities towards modding.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Making new blocks can be done however only through a txt document. Currently Starmade code and Schine Engine code are not available for editing so true mods are impossible