missing blocks and suddenly not fitting structure...

Reaction score
    Because of the long discussion and development around the new Powersystem, I paused playing Starmade for months. Now i started to experiment with a completely new hull in the latest version, but it seems, that some basic functionalities don’t work correctly anymore.

Often I enter a freshly spawned core to move quickly somewhere. I leave the core with ‘R’ and get the message “If you are stuck in a block…” If i try to remove that core with a right mouseclick on it, I get the next message “This block cannot be hit by this beam, please remove it manually”. I have to remove it by the “destroy_entity” command then.
    Sometimes this happens with a docked entity of my ship too. Then I am not able to re-enter this core, and I can move freely through all blocks of this entity, although I am in astronaut-mode! Weird…

It happened a couple of times, that I worked on the new hull, saved it, and left the game. Next day I entered the game again, and a lot of the blocks I added last day do not exist anymore, as I did not add them at all. I had to add them again. Most times, then they stay, but not always. Once I had to add about 50 blocks three times until they where not deleted on leaving the game.

The collision-algorithm seems to be “unsharp” now too. Looks like it does not return always the same result under same conditions. I added 3 docked entities to my hull, sitting on rails. They fitted perfectly in the hull and where moving like I expected it. Again, I left the game and after re-entering they don’t move at all. I tried to save them separately, deleted them and respawned them per adminload. But when I try to dock them again to the rail, where they fitted perfectly before, I only got the message “Structure does not fit…” !?

I made tickets for these things, but I would like to know, if I am the only one with these weird behaviour of starmade

Ckeeze

innovator
    Reaction score
    Try removing it while you are in the core with build mode... that usally worked for me when i encountered similar a problem.

Reaction score
    The inconsistent collision thing has been an issue since power 1.0. I used to see it a lot with hanger doors.