Bug missiles not damaging target

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Pretty straight forward bug. When I attack a target, my missile barrage will go fine... until the chunk I'm shooting at refuses to be destroyed, forcing me to shoot at a different spot on the thing being attacked. I have checked to see if it has to do with shielding, but it does not. It seems to happen when I spam lots of missiles hitting in succession.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    which missile type is the offending problem? if its not the D1000 then, that is your problem. the two other types are being depreciated and removed from the game. Ive played on the test server and have gotten the alert message which explains this.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Are you using any effects on your missiles? So of them take away all block damage. If not then no idea other than maybe just lag is causing the issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Well, maybe the damage level is so small that you have to hit it a tad bit more to destroy it. Have you tried using more missles and less AMC's to get more damage per missle?

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I tested a single missile array and it bored through a test bed I use for seeing the damage patterns of my weapons, so it might just be the lag. :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How many different missiles are firing at once? If it is a very large array then yes it is probably just lag and then my only suggestion would be to seperate the arrays by attaching half of them to a different cpu. That way you can fire one salvo then the other 1.5 seconds later and continue this pattern as long as necessary. It should also cut lag per salvo down, hopefully to a point that the missiles register.

Another question: Can you actually see the missiles? And do at least some have an effect? I ask this because I ran into an issue with my missiles where they seemingly did not exist in my game but consumed power and reloaded. I found the issue to be that before this patch I had changed my server max speed to be 50000 so I could fly any speed I wanted and so the thrust/mass ration actually mattered. The projectile speed in this build is based on that number so my problem was just that the projectiles were traveling so fast they were glitching through anything I shot them at and were not visible because the game could not render that many frames per second.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    1 missile at once, I can see the missiles, and they only hit every once in a while.

Fellow Starmadian

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm using a small missile ship with 6 D1000 computers with 10 arrays apiece. It tends to happen when I fire all sixty missiles in quick succession. Guess that means it's the lag then. :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey there,

I tested with all kinds of missile combination with other weapons and effects and quite often the missiles just go through the target without doing any damage.
    Not sure if it the same issue as described here but there is something wrong with missiles hit registration for sure.

And no lag, firing 1 to 6 missiles on local server.

Reactions: Eldergroan