Missile shield penetration

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    So I was doing some combat tests with Aesthetics, and we found what might be a bug. Apparently his Missile-Beam-Punch main weapon was able to do hull damage to my ship despite not dropping the shields. Is that WAI?

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    So I was doing some combat tests with Aesthetics, and we found what might be a bug. Apparently his Missile-Beam-Punch main weapon was able to do hull damage to my ship despite not dropping the shields. Is that WIA?
    WIA?
    please elaborate for us older gits. i dont fancy my chances of decoding on the wider internet.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    WIA?
    please elaborate for us older gits. i dont fancy my chances of decoding on the wider internet.
    It's supposed to be Working As Intended, but I'm a not so old git and messed it up. Fixed.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    did the missile simply do more damage than your entire capacity?
    Not as far as I know. The ship has a cap of 150k with full ion, and the shields did drop a bit when the missile hits, but never past 50%.

Both ships were fairly small, mine being 3k mass and Ash's being 2.6k or 2.8k

That might indeed be a case of ⚓ T1912 No shield sharing if projectile damage is bigger than parent shield capacity (or some other related bug I don't know about)
    Not a docked entity, the actual hull.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    It's supposed to be Working As Intended, but I'm a not so old git and messed it up. Fixed.
    AH!
    I thought I'd missed the 18th edition of the newspeak dictionary. Now it makes sense to me.