Missile HP in the configs for the newest release!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Well, I'm sure you're asking if it works! The answer? Here's what happened when I set it to 100 and let a 1 C/C + 4 C/M flak PD turret loose on a missile (missile speed set to .001 for ease of testing).

Reactions: Master_Artificer

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How on earth is your flak working when mine isnt :u
    also quite neat and yet quite annoying with that missile health, it's difficult enough already to shoot a big amount of missile+beam thingies down not to mention when people also have distractors.
    Maybe the health boost should be minor for missile+beam and greater for missile+pulse?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    How on earth is your flak working when mine isnt :u
    also quite neat and yet quite annoying with that missile health, it's difficult enough already to shoot a big amount of missile+beam thingies down not to mention when people also have distractors.
    Maybe the health boost should be minor for missile+beam and greater for missile+pulse?
    It doesn't seem like it's even possible to set it differently for different missile types yet. I agree that it should be higher for the slower M/P, though.

Also, my flak is probably working better because I've buffed it to 25 shots per output from the 9 in vanilla. :P

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It doesn't seem like it's even possible to set it differently for different missile types yet. I agree that it should be higher for the slower M/P, though.

Also, my flak is probably working better because I've buffed it to 25 shots per output from the 9 in vanilla. :p
    that's cheating :u

Reaction score
    Missile HP? Well then, PDTs just got a lot more interesting.....

Maybe now the overdriven version of my quad-mount C-C flak turret will have a use!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Finally, good lord.

On the other hand, PD is even more useless now!!! Mostly because of the terribad turret AI. Seriously, all you have to do is intentionally fire a few decoy missiles beside a ship (without hitting it) and the turrets will keep shooting at the missiles (and miss) until they despawns, leaving the ship open to bombardment.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will missile HP be altered by difficulty value at all?

I am thinking on Easy mode, your own missiles will have more HP, while the enemy's missiles will have less; versus Hard mode, where your missiles will have reduced HP, while enemy missiles will have more.

I wish that difficulty could be set on a per-player (client) basis as a player's personal handicap, but I think the setting is server wide.

That would mean that on "Easy" all player missiles would have more HP, while the NPC missiles would have less. This would be fine in fights against pirates or other NPCs. However, that makes the "Easy" setting much harder against new/beginning/small-time players, as the other players that they fight would all have tougher missiles.

So that would strongly suggest, unless difficulty becomes a per-client setting, that missile HP should not depend on difficulty setting.

Reaction score
    difficulty [as] a per-client setting
    Interesting thought, might be nice to have on a cooperative server where it's "everybody against the space pirates whales baddies", but I doubt it would work out well in a competitive multiplayer environment.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Does this mean hulk missiles are viable again? I've always loved their near-instant kill damage, but the thought that a lucky shot from a pd turret might force another, full cooldown cycle has always seemed far too discouraging.

Edit- wait, no, it's not actually set to anything, it's just there as an option. Oh well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think setting missile HP is ludicrous. We all know how hard it is to shoot down a large missile swarm without them having HP. Imagine shooting down 40 missile that take 2 shots to kill.