Missile blocks to Missile storage ratio

Reaction score
    So I was retro fitting one of my fighters last night and I ran into what I can only call a missile issue.

This fighter has six total (3 block missile weapons), each with a beam slave so that they are lock on, so the total system is around 36 blocks not counting the computers. What I noticed is that for six missiles tubes it took around 180+ missile storage to be able to fire all 6 at once. If my numbers are correct, (I'll need to double check this), that is a 1/10 ratio so for every one missile tube block you need 10 storage blocks to be able to fire.

This seems a little much, given my current numbers as it might be much higher.

So is there some kind of equation that can be used to figure this out, as I had to fell up 80%-90% of the ship inner's with missile storage.

Mind you I am not upset it is a brilliant way to insure player do not abuse the missile system.

Reaction score
    So I gutted the whole refit, and started over, what I found was in a small craft (>30x30) getting a missile storage to 2 missiles was easy, however anything over that took massive amounts of Storage. For a 6 missile system consisting of 18 total blocks it took nearly 20 blocks of Missile Storage per single block of missile system to get them all to fire at the same time, verses the 20 blocks to get two missiles to fire at the same time.

Over all not too bad as I guess fighters are not supposed to be missiles boats.

Reactions: kikaha
    Reaction score
    So I gutted the whole refit, and started over, what I found was in a small craft (>30x30) getting a missile storage to 2 missiles was easy, however anything over that took massive amounts of Storage. For a 6 missile system consisting of 18 total blocks it took nearly 20 blocks of Missile Storage per single block of missile system to get them all to fire at the same time, verses the 20 blocks to get two missiles to fire at the same time.

Over all not too bad as I guess fighters are not supposed to be missiles boats.
    Fighters are supposed to drop bombs instead of missiles, so yes. No Cylon raptors carrying nukes I guess.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I never look at numbers in config files. Maybe i should.

i was wondering why i could never shoot more than 2 missiles at a time...

Reaction score
    Cool but if a fighter drops a bomb would it not be a bomber?? :)

Maybe a fighter bomber... Things to consider

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I never look at numbers in config files. Maybe i should.

i was wondering why i could never shoot more than 2 missiles at a time...
    Doesn't help much.
    Code:
            <MissileCapacity>
                <BasicValues>
                            <BasicMissileCapacity>2.0</BasicMissileCapacity>
                            <MissileCapacityReloadMode>ALL</MissileCapacityReloadMode> <!-- SINGLE (for one at a time) or ALL (all reloaded when timer reches zero)-->
                            <MissileCapacityPerSec>0.2</MissileCapacityPerSec> <!-- Added seconds to reload time per missile -->
                            <MissileCapacityReloadConstant>4.0</MissileCapacityReloadConstant> <!-- reload time for ALL mode [seconds]-->
                            <MissileCapacityReloadResetOnFireManual>false</MissileCapacityReloadResetOnFireManual> <!-- reload time of missiles reset when one is fired by a player (only for ALL mode) [seconds]-->
                            <MissileCapacityReloadResetOnFireAI>true</MissileCapacityReloadResetOnFireAI> <!-- reload time of missiles reset when one is fired by an AI (only for ALL mode) [seconds]-->

<ReactorPowerConsumptionResting>2</ReactorPowerConsumptionResting>
                            <ReactorPowerConsumptionCharging>4</ReactorPowerConsumptionCharging>

<MissileCapacityCalcStyle>DOUBLE_EXP</MissileCapacityCalcStyle> <!-- LINEAR, EXP, DOUBLE_EXP, LOG -->

<!-- LINEAR-->
                            <MissileCapacityPerBlock>0.5</MissileCapacityPerBlock>

<!-- EXP -->
                            <MissileCapacityExp>0.5</MissileCapacityExp>
                            <MissileCapacityExpMult>1.0</MissileCapacityExpMult>

<!-- DOUBLE EXP -->
                            <MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf>0.02</MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf>
                            <MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf>1.5</MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf>

<MissileCapacityExpThreshold>10000</MissileCapacityExpThreshold>

<MissileCapacityExpMultSecondHalf>0.5</MissileCapacityExpMultSecondHalf>
                            <MissileCapacityExpSecondHalf>0.45</MissileCapacityExpSecondHalf>

<!-- LOG -->
                            <MissileCapacityLogFactor>1.0</MissileCapacityLogFactor>
                            <MissileCapacityLogOffset>1.0</MissileCapacityLogOffset>           
                 </BasicValues>
            </MissileCapacity>
    You're SUPPOSED to have 2 missile storage by default but some bug in code doesn't update it from 1-2 unless you put down 1 capacity block, after which you can delete that cap block and have it stay 2 easily. Your fighter is kinda hard-limited to 2 larger missile launchers every 4 seconds because of that (faster than actual mis system reload usually). Macross Missile Massacre is limited to logic-fired-docked-entity-heatseekers, and frigate-or-larger ships. Current code doesn't even give you a proper equation annotation to solve for DOUBLE_EXP to find what would be a sane small fighter number.
    LINEAR seems more sane value to me, especally with the AdditionalCapacityUsedPerDamage and AdditionalCapacityUsedPerDamageMult options in the Missiles section of the cfg. But, ya know, the devs would have to change the default cfg value. or the community would have to agree on a "better" one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I did some testing with this a while back, and just verified it is still accurate as of v0.201.133.

The DOUBLE_EXP formula for the first 10000 modules is:
    MissileCapacity = BasicMissileCapacity + (MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf * MissileCapacityModules^MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf)*0.01

After 10000 modules, it switches to:
    MissileCapacity = (BasicMissileCapacity + (MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf * MissileCapacityExpThreshold^MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf)*0.01) +(MissileCapacityExpMultSecondHalf * (MissileCapacityModules – MissileCapacityExpThreshold)^MissileCapacityExpSecondHalf)

The 0.01 highlighted above in red is the only value not in the config and I assume is hard-coded. Without it, missile capacity would skyrocket to 20002 before tapering off.

Here's a chart using the current config values.
    HTML:
    <BasicMissileCapacity>2.0</BasicMissileCapacity>
    <!-- DOUBLE EXP -->
    <MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf>0.02</MissileCapacityExpMultFirstHalf>
    <MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf>1.5</MissileCapacityExpFirstHalf>
    <MissileCapacityExpThreshold>10000</MissileCapacityExpThreshold>
    <MissileCapacityExpMultSecondHalf>0.5</MissileCapacityExpMultSecondHalf>
    <MissileCapacityExpSecondHalf>0.45</MissileCapacityExpSecondHalf>
    mc-spreadsheet.png
    There are, of course, different ways to get the same result, but this seems consistent with other formulas used.
    I'm sure someone will let me know if I made a mistake :)

Reaction score
    Thank you for the information, at least what I was seeing was supported by math.

We shall see if this gets revisited in a future patch, Other than that I can see how this can be used to stop Missile spam. Oh well the systems I have now still hits like a brick so :)