Minimade baby-sized server [WILL CLOSE ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2017]

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    yeah, its a little odd in some ways - especially when you're used to just building and seeing where it goes. still, i managed to make a 2.7k attack ship I was fairly happy with.
    maybe up the 3k to 5k?

either way, server needs some fire!
    ...or just more people.
    Well if you'd like to fight my 3k Ship I'll happily hop on!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think that perhaps the 3k limit was a bit much. A 12k standard might prove more popular.

Reaction score
    I work 2 jobs, and have 2 toddlers. I couldn't get on often enough to maintain my faction points. I need to get back on and get back after it though, just join someone else's faction this time, I suppose.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    yeah, its a little odd in some ways - especially when you're used to just building and seeing where it goes. still, i managed to make a 2.7k attack ship I was fairly happy with.
    maybe up the 3k to 5k?

either way, server needs some fire!
    ...or just more people.
    I'm in the middle of reworking my old Drone Wars fleet to work with a single main ship and the rest of the micro drones launching from it, It should round out to around 2.5k mass when done in total. :)

Reactions: Sachys

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I think the FP config needs looking at. Given the 30k station size, the server might work well for a reverse FP config (such as claiming territory).

Reaction score
    Problem is :

- 3k mass is a really small size for any veteran builders that invest a lot of time in the game.
    - as said previously, a small mass limit mean that your target is mainly people that doesn't get much time to invest in the game to build anything larger.
    - Current FP rules are mainly for players who play often.
    - Players that play often will soon get bored with the 3k mass limit.

There is two things that are contradictory here. I still understand why both things were made and i would love to play on this server. However the FP decrease is just too harsh for me, so i would need to team up with someone but i can't team up with someone if i can't play with him and get to know him. If i don't team up with someone i can't play. If i can't play i can't team up with someone...

So there is only regular player that like to build only small stuff. They're not hundreds.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Ya the nagging issue for me is the insane FP nuking for being solo effectively means you don't have homebase protection like maybe a day or two after setting up shop.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Problem is :
    Weapon ranges are crapola and inhibs dont even reach the edge of sector. You can put that on your list. I can deal with the mass limit - just. it was difficult to start with, but a good re-learning experience.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Oh another thing, what about miners that are at the mass limit empty but end up way over it full? How does the code more on those? I can tell you now I can make a 3k mass fleet miner and it'll be at least double that in mass when full. o_O

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Oh another thing, what about miners that are at the mass limit empty but end up way over it full? How does the code more on those? I can tell you now I can make a 3k mass fleet miner and it'll be at least double that in mass when full. o_O
    according to Olx (in game / on server), filled cargo counts towards mass - so you want to be looking at the "total /w rail" amount in adv build mode. i think filled cargo works out as something like 1k per 10000k storage though.

Edit: at which point... a mass increase may benefit some

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    I enjoy this server but find it difficult to keep my faction points above water.

Would anyone be interested in team up? Brokengauge ?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    i really think we need an FP reset - all factions down (or up) to 100 points and a different, or more vanilla config

Reaction score
    I enjoy this server but find it difficult to keep my faction points above water.

Would anyone be interested in team up? Brokengauge ?
    Well, seeing as how your avatar is a filthy neutral I'll have to think about it...

Sure! Lol

But Idk the next time I'll be on. Probably next Sunday.

No, not THIS Sunday, the next one. I'll be busy pretending that I know how cars work while I help a buddy out lol.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thing is, with just one buddy even if both of you are offline, you're already above water. Also, the flat cost had been already reduced to 20 and you get 19 per offline active member.

Reaction score
    Brokengauge and Jarraff, Matt_Bradock recruited me to his faction and we have a few players, though most are inactive. We do have a significant FP buffer before reaching 0, and I'm usually on often enough to maintain it pretty well. It'd be nice to have a server with a few more players online at once :)

Edit: I know Olxinos has been thinking about writing a script to put a lower cap on FP so you don't have to worry about making up a huge deficit, don't think it's been implemented yet though.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    Well, seeing as how your avatar is a filthy neutral I'll have to think about it...

Sure! Lol

But Idk the next time I'll be on. Probably next Sunday.

No, not THIS Sunday, the next one. I'll be busy pretending that I know how cars work while I help a buddy out lol.
    I can be on the server next Sunday.