Mini Auto-miner

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol now you just need to make it a bit taller on the array and it'll be good to go. :)

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    lol now you just need to make it a bit taller on the array and it'll be good to go. :)
    Actually, that's exactly what I am working on with this. It also needs a way to, uh, not delete everything it picks up. I want to get around to testing if rail rotators can transfer cargo.

I'll post updates if you really want to know

Edit: I did it anyway, it still does the same thing but here's the 99% finished ship.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Soooo... would anyone like to explain this thing to me? How does it keep the Asteroid from flying away? Do Railthingies transfer Cargo?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My guess is that the thing never touches the asteroid in the first place and the thing might shift off the rotational rail so it can send resources it picked up from storage to storage.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Heres a shite video, I'm not used to editing.

The main boom is controlled with a flip-flop (shown at 3:00) that is connected to the two buttons that switch the rails. The extend button also starts a line of delay gates before opening the salvage array to keep it from hitting the ship and getting stuck. The retract button instantly makes it go back down.

The salvage beams are connected to a clock connected to an AND gate which is connected to the wireless logic block which in turn is connected to the inner ship remote called 'Start.' A similar clock
    controls the rotation of the salvage array (2:38). At around 2:53 I show the location of the clocks.

As you can see at 1:50, the cargo cannot be transferred through the rotators so a smaller cargo hold on the array itself is introduced into the ship where a crewman can transfer the cargo to the ships main hold.

If you have any other question I will try to answer as best I can.

Last edited:

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Honestly, it doesn't seem that hard to make, we could probably just make one like it ourselves.

Unless you want it because of its looks, in which case, yeah it would be good to know if it'll be uploaded to the dock.

(This is the first time I've seen this thing, so I'm going to go off and make my own now because it looks cool as all hell, whether or not he uploads it)