Read by Council Mimick and Glowing Armor

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Purpose: These ideas are pretty simple in concept. The goal is to open up options to ship builders to more fully decorate their ships, without having to put a bunch of low HP/low armor blocks to the hull.

1. Mimick Armor - This is a new type of armor that is more costly to make, taking a spectrum of paints to create, but it has the ability to change it's texture to that of other blocks.

2. Glowing Armor - You take an armor block and combine it with a light. This will make the armor glow. The armor can also be turned on and off like a light using logic.

Optional Advanced Feature (that may be impractical):
    For Mimick Armor, allow logic chaining. This is where you connect mimick armor to a logic circuit. Whatever the logic circuit connects to at the end of the logic chain determines the type of block the mimick armor takes on. If you switch the circuit to a different type of block, then it changes to that texture. When there are many blocks connected to the logic circuit, it will simply use a random block out of the possibilities. To avoid lag, perhaps put a 10 second cool time on switching textures.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    I personally think this is a great idea. Especially the armor blocks that double as lights.

Mimic could be neat though for literally being able to camouflage ship colors in different nebula areas. Do not know how well that would work as you could still be targeted, but it's the only thing I thought of so far.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I personally think this is a great idea. Especially the armor blocks that double as lights.

Mimic could be neat though for literally being able to camouflage ship colors in different nebula areas. Do not know how well that would work as you could still be targeted, but it's the only thing I thought of so far.
    Thanks! My goal with this idea was to make decorating ships more practical and interesting. :) For Mimick Armor, I think it'd be cool to be able to change how a ship looks at the press of a logic button.