Methods to have more images on thread

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello,
    I'm wondering if theres any forum tips to have many images on a shipyard thread. I can use imgur albums, but iirc you can max have 5 per thread. Here's my thread in question. How would the mods go about doing it? I got many more ships to put there. Aceface's ships/creations

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Tbh i'd reorganize your thread into ships based on classification and have albums for each and the descriptions in the album.

If you've maxed out you might have a problem lol.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You could cheat a little. Let's say you have 5 images of a particular ship. Instead of linking them separately, you could use a little photoshop/gimp magic, and combine the images into one. Use the spoiler option to hide them, and perhaps put a bit of text between each image, and it'd look alright.

I'd suggest making the image long rather than wide.

EDIT: As an aside, what exactly IS the limit to the number of images?

Reactions: Thingie and aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You could cheat a little. Let's say you have 5 images of a particular ship. Instead of linking them separately, you could use a little photoshop/gimp magic, and combine the images into one. Use the spoiler option to hide them, and perhaps put a bit of text between each image, and it'd look alright.

thats a good idea actually XD

Reactions: Gasboy

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    We could just increase the limit for images in a post. Suggestions for a new limit would be welcome.

I can't remember why there is a limit in the first place, probably something to do with preventing pages from taking forever to load.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We could just increase the limit for images in a post. Suggestions for a new limit would be welcome.

I can't remember why there is a limit in the first place, probably something to do with preventing pages from taking forever to load.
    50 would be nice.

Or perhaps no limit and when simply having more images than 20 moderator/admin must check that its ok/not spammy/laggy. Kinda weird that limit exists to begin with because you can just paste images together like gasboy said and also just have "reserved" posts (if one thought of that before hand).
    [doublepost=1508148586,1508148534][/doublepost]

EDIT: As an aside, what exactly IS the limit to the number of images?

Reaction score
    15 images would allready be helpful. Or 20 images even. But the rule to embeed more than 3 or 5 images into containers would be great. Some people like to overdo it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hey Crusade what do you think about a raise to a 15 pictures limit?

edit: upload and file limit of 15 I tried to say

Last edited: