Mered4 Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username Mered4

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): -5 (EST)

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? For much of April and May I will be busy with my job, and only able to dedicate about an hour per day. After that, however, I anticipate I will easily breach 30 hours per week.

How long have you been playing StarMade? I've been playing Starmade for over a year. I originally started playing with a few friends from the Realm Community, but migrated over to MushroomFleet due to their prestige in the Starmade community.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? I am a creative builder who prefers aesthetic appeal and detail to system performance. My most notable design at the moment is the Executor-class Star Dreadnought and the IF Dream Runner, an original design based around the triangle.

My personal build style involves a feature I call "flow" - all of my builds flow like a river, with few breaks and unexpected cliffs in their design.

I also am the wartime leader of the ISA, one of the more influential MushroomFleet factions. I lead my faction to victory in the Imperium War, after months of brutal warfare in and out of Starmade for the soul of MushroomFleet. (The ISA people are awesome, seriously. Those guys are probably the most loyal and dependable folks in Starmade).

While on Multiplayer servers, I tend to take a stand against bullies and trolls in an aggressive manner.
    My primary play server is MushroomFleet.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? I am primarily interested in balancing gameplay for each playstyle available. My experience in Planetary Annihilation's balance development, combat experience with the current Starmade weapon system, and dedicated crafting forays give me the background necessary to give an informed and calculated analysis from the community to the developers.

I've also got experience modding Planetary Annihilation, and I've created a balance mod for Starmade (it's obsolete, ofc).

I've also got experience in the philosophy of Strategy, both short and long-term. I primarily deal with 3D strategic designs, which is critical when thinking of Starmade's 3D sandbox. I am no stranger to warfare, conventional or otherwise. Understanding this side of the coin that is Starmade player interaction will be an instrumental piece of gameplay balance.

What are some of your weaknesses? In a few simple words, I don't tolerate idiots. If someone reveals their ignorance on a subject during a debate or discussion, I tend to jump them and shut them down.

That said, if you can convince me through logic or factual evidence that an idea is correct, I will endorse it unless there is a better alternative.

What motivates you to become a council member? I've seen plenty of initially well-designed and well-made indie games fall off the rails because the developers completely trashed their balance or ignored it as irrelevant. I would like to be a part of the process so we can help make Starmade's gameplay an exciting and innovative discovery, instead of a forced effort.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I build ships to add to the catalog and help my fellow MushroomFleet community members with whatever they may need. I also like to bounce ideas for balancing off those in the forums and the MushroomFleet community.

Occasionally these ideas have made it to the testing stage, one of which ended up in the balance of a recent patch (increasing shields and armor). While I helped test this idea, I was by no means the author. I was simply the first to finish a test on the subject with a small team.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.