Mechanisms (like redstone)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thing that would allow people to project their own weapons and other systems by pmaking them from scrath.
    In Minecraft u can create some mechanisms thanks to redstone (some of them are usefull example - automatic farms, automatic furnace, tnt cannons etc.).

In Starmade I heared only about 1 invented mechanism - Dis-Integrator Explosives Cannon.

You can combine pulsators and dis-integrators in way that will allow u to shoot dis-integrators.
    But I didn't found that usefull.

So, how to help starmade inventors? I think that good idea is to add more blocks for universal purposes. Good example is Pulsator. It can be used for many things.

Reaction score
    but at a later date. Red stone is used to make current mechanics EASIER, but there are no game mechanics. No farming, smelting, and we already have short and long ranged explosives. We don\'t have pistons, or rotators. I thing red stone- like material would be good but not now.

Reaction score
    There ís a new weapons system in the making, which wil let you combine several weapon types (including two new ones) into a specific type. Things like wiring don\'t really make sense to me on spaceships. If all weapons, thrustergroups, shields, beams and whatever more where for instance to be connected to the core via wires, it would make shipbuilding WAY too complicated, especially for smaller ships.

Besides it would be a shame to reintroduce Minecraft aspects in Starmade, after all the originality that has been implemented into it. I\'d like to see Schema come up with something better than Redstone, something \'out of the box\'.

Reaction score
    Schema plans to add in various computer logic control blocks to allow the assembly of complex ship mechanisms. But I also agree on the wire issue, we have wireless power... everything else should be wireless too right??

Reaction score
    I swear, i will castrate the next person who says \"like *insert minecraft mechanic here*\".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree that wiring would be cool but only later in the game when there are things to wire up like farms on planets, mines etc.

Reaction score
    I\'m sorry, but do we actually want to build farms and mine in caves? Do we want to transport our livestock to another planet and build a dirt house there too? Excuse me if i\'m rude but you can play Minecraft for all those things. I thought Starmade was based on some kind of futuristic creative space-sandbox, not a semi-dark ages rpg...

Reaction score
    Who says it needs to be like the dark ages? They didn\'t having wiring then. Besides, most sci-fi includes colonies, not all of them as well developed as modern-day Earth.

Planets are there to be built on, not just for show.

Reaction score
    Farming and cave mining as well as colony building seems quite boring to me compared to the other things you can do in Starmade. But hey just Minecraftify it if people like certain things more than outer space creative con- and destruction.

Reaction score
    We just need Input-Blocks like Photosensors or other sensors, which you can connect to other converting blocks (like timers, etc.). These Block can than be connected to doors/weaponcomputers/whatever and would trigger them automatically.

I don\'t think wires or something like that would be necessary overall. The current connection system (the one to connect weapon computers to their weapons) would work and fit perfectly in the current game.

Reaction score
    but a better examplae would be to have a button or a lever to turn on/off plex lights, open/close doors etc.

Maybe to make it different from minecraft you would connect them to the devices with C and V the same way you connect weapons the their computers.

I think that\'s his point. And if it is I totaly agree to be implemented.

Reaction score
    Buttons and levers, let me think here...

oh wait, WE ALREADY HAVE FREAKIN COMPUTER BLOCKS.