Make Black Lights Be UV

Should Black Lights be UV or remain strangely black-ish purple?

• Total voters

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So, currently Black Lights are just about the same as Purple Lights. Heck, Black Lights are barely darker than the purple ones! So I feel a change wouldn't hurt too much. A realistic change.

The change? Make Black Lights work like black/UV lights do in reality!
    • A UV light makes coloured objects brighter without tinting them like normal lights do.
    • Black is an exception, as it is the absence of light and/or blending of all colour, so it's desaturated enough to not be lit-up.
    • White is also an exception, as objects that are white get tinted slightly purple, unlike other colours (Don't even ask me why!).
    So, what do you think? Is it due-time that Black Lights had a change, given their similarity to Purple Lights? Wouldn't a touch of realism be nice?

Your best (From a sleepy dude who just woke up.),
    ~Kiddan

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Agreed. Now where can I buy a black-light Godzilla poster for my rec-room?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So... act like a white light on surfaces where the average color value > 0.5? Leave darker surfaces (< 0.5) unlit? Maybe make the avg. color value server-configurable, to alter how the black light works? (E.g. Setting the average color value to 0.0 makes it work the same as a white light, with maybe a slight purple bias. Maybe have negative values (-1) change the light behavior back to this current black/purple light, so a server admin can always go back to the current behavior if they prefer.)

Other colors may be slightly tinted purple, but the change in hue may be too subtle to register.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So... act like a white light on surfaces where the average color value > 0.5? Leave darker surfaces (< 0.5) unlit? Maybe make the avg. color value server-configurable, to alter how the black light works? (E.g. Setting the average color value to 0.0 makes it work the same as a white light, with maybe a slight purple bias. Maybe have negative values (-1) change the light behavior back to this current black/purple light, so a server admin can always go back to the current behavior if they prefer.)

Other colors may be slightly tinted purple, but the change in hue may be too subtle to register.
    I think that's pretty-much how it would work. A good example of what I'm thinking of is visible in most laser tag arenas, the coloured sections are usually lit up by a UV light, leaving the rest quite dark and your teeth turn (very) light purple.