Major issues with fps after latest update(s) [SOLVED]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Recently I took a several month long break from starmade, when i returned i found that my performance in-game had degraded massively.

Before these updates i was able to maintain a solid 60 fps in empty or low density sectors. I was also able to upload ships from my catalog to the server without any crashing.

After i returned from my break, (I came back after the chunk update) i saw a massive and unexplained decrease in performance across all categories. Now, instead of maintaining a smooth 60 fps i was barely able to maintain 30 in totally deserted sectors, as well as not being able to upload any blueprint to a server without crashing. (I am also unable to open the catalog manager without crashing.

I would appreciate any assistance in this manner, below i have posted my system specs for better diagnosing.

Current hardware:
    (all drivers are up to date)

Memory allocation:

After posting about my issue in StarDock chat i was told to up my maximal memory to see if that would resolve the problem, below is what it is set at currently. (This increase enabled me to get 30 fps in an empty sector.

If you have any ideas on what my have caused this decrease in performance and catalog usability please post below or send me a pm.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I found out last night there is a setting that got changed with the update in the main menu under options/grafics(I went from 1000+fps to 120fps with chunk update) ,I think it had settings for 120/80/60/-1 unlimited. I set for unlimited and get 380-450fps now,better concidering the new up date is doing more work.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Can you test this in SP at some point as well?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I took a several month long break from starmade
    The game has got more beefy over time. I used to play it at 1920x1080 but have dropped down to 1366x768. Some updates try to address this by bringing performance enhancing features. But overall it just takes more cpu power to run the game.

As for the catalog that to depends a bit on how old the blueprints are. I would rename your StarMade folder as a backup and then do a complete fresh install. Download a resent blueprint from this site "after chunk update" and try to import it. Spawn it in single player. If that works then it should work on Multi player.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can you test this in SP at some point as well?
    Just got back from a quick testing session in SP, initially i got the same very low fps but after lowering and raising my resolution back to what i normally play at i was suddenly maintaining 100+ fps!

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Just got back from a quick testing session in SP, initially i got the same very low fps but after lowering and raising my resolution back to what i normally play at i was suddenly maintaining 100+ fps!
    Oh that's very interesting. If you happen to see this again I'd like to see your logs. I have a feeling it might be a driver issue still. Who knows.