LUA Scripting Efforts

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I think we've talked about this before. I've looked the only place the lua scripting is tied into the engine is in the NPC dialog windows and oddly the ship score. Granted I can make the npc make an http request and print out the results.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    I think we've talked about this before. I've looked the only place the lua scripting is tied into the engine is in the NPC dialog windows and oddly the ship score. Granted I can make the npc make an http request and print out the results.
    We have, and last time we talked about it you linked to a great start on an implementation option. Although a neural network twist didn't occur to me until recently.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I think we've talked about this before. I've looked the only place the lua scripting is tied into the engine is in the NPC dialog windows and oddly the ship score.
    The ship core?! Is it just me, or does this mean programmable ships? I'm suddenly very happy.

Also, it's Lua, not LUA.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

The ship core?! Is it just me, or does this mean programmable ships? I'm suddenly very happy.

Also, it's Lua, not LUA.
    No the ship "score." The thing calculates offensive defensive and the other traits that don't mean anything right now.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Aww... oh well, thanks for pointing that out.