Low System Integrity Warning?

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I keep getting this warning, and then something about blocks collapsing? And i don't if it's related, i tried looking this up and got a bunch of random info, but i've also been taking damage through my shields.

Reactions: Agame3 and MacThule
    Reaction score
    Not exactly sure bout the shields or the senario you were in when it happened, but the system should warn you about low integrity for reactors if you had them built in a line or any other form that creates more exposed surfaces than covered ones....you can check your reactors integrety by looking at the power section of ship info....

Reaction score
    Your shield blocks aren't clumped together, causing your integrity to tank. That's the short answer I guess. A screen shot of the placement of your system blocks would make it easier to illustrate the issue. if you can 'cube' your system groups (shields/shield capacitors/ stabilizers/reactors/ thrusters), you should see an improvement.

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't understand, my groups are very cubey, except where i had space between cubes and filled in the gaps with extra blocks.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Is this the most recent dev build, or release?

It sounds like dev, because I saw the damage through shields as well last time I play, and I know I've seen the messages you are talking about just recently there.

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Pretty sure my version is .200.335, or whatever the most recent RELEASE build is. But I'm serious about the cube setup, it's a cheap-o PvP ship, there's a cockpit around the shipcore, and mounted behind that is 1999 reactor modules in a rectangular prism shape, except the corners have been trimmed off. The chambers are also approximately blocks. It's nothing like . . . my miner, which is of course a series of of long 1x1 lines mounted to front of that ship.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    There's 4 integrity readings in the left hand build menu. 2 under power and 1 each under thrusters and shields.
    The thruster integrity combines the value of all thruster groups.
    The shield integrity goes off the lowest value of any one group of either chargers or capacitors... <-- so even a small group of shield blocks incorrectly placed can ruin an otherwise good integrity value.
    Triangular systems are pretty poor for integrity as every edge block with only 4 covered faces is -2. If it's a very triangular reactor it maybe negative as a result.
    You can have a look at integrity calculations in the building quick reference, purple button top left of the build menu.

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Pretty sure my version is .200.335, or whatever the most recent RELEASE build is. But I'm serious about the cube setup, it's a cheap-o PvP ship, there's a cockpit around the shipcore, and mounted behind that is 1999 reactor modules in a rectangular prism shape, except the corners have been trimmed off. The chambers are also approximately blocks. It's nothing like . . . my miner, which is of course a series of of long 1x1 lines mounted to front of that ship.
    I think I know what you are talking about. It's not necessarily about building integrity - it's just about integrity at the moment, and that can change with damage. I saw it pop a couple times recently while combat testing a frigate and repeatedly getting it destroyed. The thing is, even if you built in perfect cubes, a certain damage pattern can lower the integrity of a system enough to set off the alarm.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    So . . . more shields?
    Actually, I believe that the only reason people started getting this message is because - as OP mentions - for a time there, shots were doing damage and erasing blocks through standing shields even at near-max levels on 7-digit shield systems. Not sure if it was intended or not.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    If your shield blocks are low integrity, they'll blow up when your shields get hit (even the tiniest bit of damage).
    You likely need to remove some shield capacitors somewhere so you've only got Schema-approved giant cubes.
    Nah. Same ship I had been testing with before at a 1M and 5M shield increments. And the damage was visibly affecting the hull, on-target, not explosions in the shield chambers which had already been in place for a few weeks of other testing.

They were doing 2 and 3 version updates a day at the time, so I didn't think twice about until I say this players post and thought I'd let him know that he wasn't crazy. I know it's the same version issue because of the pass through shields. They probably fixed it right after, buy for part of a day you could shoot through shields and damage your target at impact location just as if your weapon had taken the shields down and inflicted partial damage.

Reaction score
    Nah. Same ship I had been testing with before at a 1M and 5M shield increments. And the damage was visibly affecting the hull, on-target, not explosions in the shield chambers which had already been in place for a few weeks of other testing.

They were doing 2 and 3 version updates a day at the time, so I didn't think twice about until I say this players post and thought I'd let him know that he wasn't crazy. I know it's the same version issue because of the pass through shields. They probably fixed it right after, buy for part of a day you could shoot through shields and damage your target at impact location just as if your weapon had taken the shields down and inflicted partial damage.
    Not talking about that. In the current release (or just a version or two prior), my friend's ship was having shield capacitors violently explode randomly the moment it took damage, not at the impact location (my ship that I accidentally shot it with didn't even have the alpha to take out one hull block and where I shot wasn't damaged).

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Not talking about that. In the current release (or just a version or two prior), my friend's ship was having shield capacitors violently explode randomly the moment it took damage, not at the impact location (my ship that I accidentally shot it with didn't even have the alpha to take out one hull block and where I shot wasn't damaged).
    Yeah, that has been for months, I believe. Excessive, IMO, but a fair principle. At first I went to block shields, but after testing I found they can be wrapped around other stuff, just not totally thin and stringily. Just gotta keep the integ positive with a little buffer for damage.

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Look, it says my only structural warning is in my power system, but all of my reactor power systems are cubes, pics are proof. Pic 1 is the reactor, a cube with the corners trimmed as i attempted to get the block count lower so my chambers could be smaller, and the second pic is the stabilizers, in various blocky shapes.

Attachments

Reactions: MacThule