Looking for new Administrator(s) for SMD!

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion/Support' started by DukeofRealms, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

Hey guys,

I plan to be no longer involved in the day to day moderation/administration of SMD. My work with Schine requires a lot of time, energy, and concentration. While I do enjoy community volunteer work, I can no longer effectively do both jobs. Moving away from administration will also allow me to spend much needed time with family and friends :) . I will still be involved in the backend server maintenance of SMD and administration of the wiki. This will take a few months for me to transition out while a new admin(s) settles in.

The past three years have truly been great. Hopefully, the next poor soul who jumps in will last even longer! ;)

Now that's out of the way, here are brief position details!
      • The role is volunteer based (as in no pay :p )
      • Manage moderation team, ensure the site is staffed and active. Monitor staff actions and ensure staff follow moderation guidelines and the Terms of Rules set
      • Write/maintain moderation and site policy
      • Deal with mod action appeals, put to moderation team for voting
      • Actively seek and take into consideration community input on forum policy and guideline
      • Ensure all automated moderation systems are functioning correctly and seek to always make improvements
      • Show new forum staff the ropes
      • Ensure all staff members have sufficient resources to achieve their roles
      • Handle forum (site) support requests
      • Moderate
      The person(s) should have relevant community management experience and of course, be a fan of StarMade.

We'd be looking at 1 to 2 administrators (ideally 2). Applications can be sent to me ; please provide a short description about yourself, why you think you'd fit the position and attach relevant experience. All applications will be shared with the rest of the administration and moderation teams.

Thanks for playing StarMade and I hope to get some applications!

- Duke

• Like x 6
      • Friendly x 3
      • Agree x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Creative x 1
    2. Doomsider

Doomsider Server scriptologist

Glad you were around to get this new site all up and running. I really appreciated all you did for this community and I am glad to hear you will still be around helping with the backend. Cheers to good years :D

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. nightrune

nightrune Wizard/Developer/Project Manager

We appreciate all your efforts Lord Duuku!!!! Enjoy the new found free time as it becomes available.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. therimmer96

therimmer96 Cake Build Server Staff Elwyn Returnity Staff

Duke is Resba? :O

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    5. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

;)

Good catch, fixed now.

6. therimmer96

Lies, you can't fool us. are you trying to evade a ban? I DEMAND A FULL INVESTIGATION!

• Funny Funny x 4
    7. Aesthetics

Aesthetics Speaker of the UIS Council | Resistance Commander

Sent you an application thing, Count Duku.

8. Mariux

Mariux The Kekromancer

I should think about this...

9. DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS Eldrich Timelord

sounds like a job for the council to me. Make them feel less useless. Give them the options to showcase the best crap they find. etc.

10. therimmer96

No it doesn't. The admins need to make sure the site and community run well... they need to have experiance... the council is 5 random plebs that we vote for... No.

• Agree Agree x 5
    11. Bobby Bighoof

Resume sent

• Like Like x 1
    12. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

13. Mariux

Mariux The Kekromancer

Thanks, I knew keeping the thread structured and well explained would improve my image in front of SMD staff.

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. InducedRampage

Other than school I don't really have much to do so this would be a greatly appreciated position if I could get it.

15. BDLS

BDLS うちゅうトイレ

16. Thibni

I find it regretable that you must take a leave, but fully understand the cost of such a sacrifice.
      As soon as I saw it, like many here, I truly desired such an amazing opportunity, however... I realized that I could never fully be commited to the role of administrator on the forum.
      For those who don't know, Administrative work goes beyond what you see. It literally will become a hinder unless you are fully prepared to be implicated and also understand that this is not a "job" that needs someone to do it "Well". It needs patience, reflexion, reaction based on a sound mind and so much more.

I considered it for a second and realized that I too, as Duke, could not immerse myself within this universe offering my full Support to the Forum as an Admin. I would rather invest my time, effort and focus on a position that I know I can fulfil. If you feel no hesitation to post your Application, ok. Fine! But if you feel it necessary to post on here that you "sent it in"... It looks to me like you haven't understood what this is about.

Have a great day everyone! And Duke? Smart choice, refocusing your time and energy will definitively allow yu to be far more implicated in those other parts of your life. =)

17. eddard_stark

Thanks for your efforts to the game and I hope you enjoy some well earned rest!

18. pesce rocks

Me just have school and nothing else

19. SkyHawk024

SkyHawk024 Mandalorian ShipWright.

Im sorry to see you leave the seat of moderation DukeofRealmsDukeofRealms but it is an understandable reason for you to go, I would put a application in myself but im not widely known and I am definately not cut out for that job. I hope your replacements do good in the positions.

20. Master_BW3

the cake is a lie