Looking for new Administrator(s) for SMD!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    EDIT: We are no longer taking application for admin. Thanks to all who applied!

Hey guys,

I plan to be no longer involved in the day to day moderation/administration of SMD. My work with Schine requires a lot of time, energy, and concentration. While I do enjoy community volunteer work, I can no longer effectively do both jobs. Moving away from administration will also allow me to spend much needed time with family and friends :) . I will still be involved in the backend server maintenance of SMD and administration of the wiki. This will take a few months for me to transition out while a new admin(s) settles in.

The past three years have truly been great. Hopefully, the next poor soul who jumps in will last even longer! ;)

Now that's out of the way, here are brief position details!
    • The role is volunteer based (as in no pay :p )
    • Manage moderation team, ensure the site is staffed and active. Monitor staff actions and ensure staff follow moderation guidelines and the Terms of Rules set
    • Write/maintain moderation and site policy
    • Deal with mod action appeals, put to moderation team for voting
    • Actively seek and take into consideration community input on forum policy and guideline
    • Ensure all automated moderation systems are functioning correctly and seek to always make improvements
    • Show new forum staff the ropes
    • Ensure all staff members have sufficient resources to achieve their roles
    • Handle forum (site) support requests
    • Moderate
    The person(s) should have relevant community management experience and of course, be a fan of StarMade.

We'd be looking at 1 to 2 administrators (ideally 2). Applications can be sent to me ; please provide a short description about yourself, why you think you'd fit the position and attach relevant experience. All applications will be shared with the rest of the administration and moderation teams.

Thanks for playing StarMade and I hope to get some applications!

- Duke

Last edited:

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Glad you were around to get this new site all up and running. I really appreciated all you did for this community and I am glad to hear you will still be around helping with the backend. Cheers to good years :D

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    We appreciate all your efforts Lord Duuku!!!! Enjoy the new found free time as it becomes available.

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    Sent you an application thing, Count Duku.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    sounds like a job for the council to me. Make them feel less useless. Give them the options to showcase the best crap they find. etc.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    sounds like a job for the council to me. Make them feel less useless. Give them the options to showcase the best crap they find. etc.
    No it doesn't. The admins need to make sure the site and community run well... they need to have experiance... the council is 5 random plebs that we vote for... No.

Reaction score
    Other than school I don't really have much to do so this would be a greatly appreciated position if I could get it.

Reaction score
    I find it regretable that you must take a leave, but fully understand the cost of such a sacrifice.
    As soon as I saw it, like many here, I truly desired such an amazing opportunity, however... I realized that I could never fully be commited to the role of administrator on the forum.
    For those who don't know, Administrative work goes beyond what you see. It literally will become a hinder unless you are fully prepared to be implicated and also understand that this is not a "job" that needs someone to do it "Well". It needs patience, reflexion, reaction based on a sound mind and so much more.

I considered it for a second and realized that I too, as Duke, could not immerse myself within this universe offering my full Support to the Forum as an Admin. I would rather invest my time, effort and focus on a position that I know I can fulfil. If you feel no hesitation to post your Application, ok. Fine! But if you feel it necessary to post on here that you "sent it in"... It looks to me like you haven't understood what this is about.

Have a great day everyone! And Duke? Smart choice, refocusing your time and energy will definitively allow yu to be far more implicated in those other parts of your life. =)

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Im sorry to see you leave the seat of moderation DukeofRealms but it is an understandable reason for you to go, I would put a application in myself but im not widely known and I am definately not cut out for that job. I hope your replacements do good in the positions.