Timers, rail speed and sector unloading

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Its hard to build long customizable timers because-

-They require a lot of blocks.
    -Rails could have been used but we don't have the exact speed at which they rotate and move.
    -Sector unloading means the timer (regardless of type) would stop functioning.

For the second, I would request all rails be made to go at 1m/s as default (or anything else, just give us the exact speed). Also, adjusting when the rail block gives a ON signal would be a great idea-only after the block is completely on the block should it give an ON signal.

Also, does giving entities wireless signals stop sectors from unloading?

Last edited:

Kraengis

stuff builder
    Reaction score
    It was only when I needed one when I realized that it wasn't too easy to make a 5 hour timer (just me then?). Being effectively illiterate in RegExp, I proceeded to build a block-based timer but faced 3 problems.

1)There were becoming too many blocks (of course lol)
    2)Rails could have been used but we don't have the exact speed at which they rotate and move.
    3)Sector unloading meant the timer (regardless of type) would stop functioning.

For the second, I would request all rails be made to go at 1m/s as default (or anything else, just give us the exact speed). Also, adjusting when the rail block gives a ON signal would be a great idea-only after the block is completely on the block should it give an ON signal.

For the third, I shall be trying out an experiment (if you people already have tried it out/know what'll happen, do explain please). I'll use my ship to give continuous ON/OFF wireless signals to the station where I have my timer which works when it gets a continuous ON, OFF, ON... signal. Will this allow it to work as I travel away from the station in that ship?
    I know it's not a relatively new thread but it can still help someone else.
    To make a relatively compact long timer, you can use a binary counter that increment each second with a 1-sec clock.

For 5 hours you have 18000 seconds or 0100011001010000 in banary, so 15 bits (rounded to 16). When you reach that number you'll need some sort of identifier that will read that number and output a signal (something like a comparator with AND and NOT logic blocks).

It should be possible to make it around 50-70 logic blocks I think