Logo Dilemma: UGPD needs a nice logo!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Normal.png Hello, internet. Markus here. I'm in a minor dilemma here: I've already made a faction, but I'd like an accompanying logo to decorate their bases. All I could come up with is this bland MS Paint job:
    UGPD.png
    Can anyone do something better, something that seems more symbolic of law enforcement (and if possible, make it within StarMade)? I want to add it on my police HQ.

Reaction score
    Just start slapping blocks around. Find a simple geometric form you can build in SM (And put on most of your vessels).

Heck, just use a common color scheme or something.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This one is based on a standard police badge format. I envision a white, wedged, vertical ellipse, with yellow (representing gold) wedged details on top of that, with two stars cut out on the bottom gold detailing to try to simulate white stars, plus "UGPD" in bright blue right in the middle, wedged on top of the gold. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to draw in the wedges, but this picture should give a general idea of what I am going for....

ugpd_badge_1_cropped.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The 'problem' with making a logo with colored blocks in SM is that this is only possible for large to huge ships. For smaller ones only a very simple design is doable and even then there will be logo design restrictions with the building of your craft.
    Another possibility is to have a look at text based art that can be done using display blocks. This gives a lot of options, less restrictions in logo design, and is certainly usable for smaller ships. It will be a lot of work to implement, but certainly worth a try. Have look here for a intro video and a link to a blueprint to get you started. ;)

Greets,

Jan

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The 'problem' with making a logo with colored blocks in SM is that this is only possible for large to huge ships. For smaller ones only a very simple design is doable and even then there will be logo design restrictions with the building of your craft.
    ...I've already made a faction, but I'd like an accompanying logo to decorate their bases....
    Emphasis added to illustrate that this design will be for large structures that can handle very large designs. A base, in general, is the equivalent of "huge ships" when it comes to decoration.