Login Error Since Newest Update!

Reaction score
    Was on a server just yesterday and now i cant get back on? I've logged in and out multiple times and still the same message, I've also messaged the server owner still waiting for a response though. I don't really want to have to lose or make a new account so is there anything i can do?

Server Reject: this login name is protected on this server!
    You either aren't logged in via up link,
    or the protected name belongs to another user!

Please use the "up-link" menu to authenticate this name!

Reaction score
    idk if this is the right forum but im having error 401 when i try to up link my account

Reaction score
    AI_Trader, the accounts are being migrated, will take a few hours.

If you get the "protected name belongs to another user" you could pick a different (unprotected) name to login

Reaction score
    idk if this is the right forum but im having error 401 when i try to up link my account
    I was getting error 503, then after the website came back on it gave me error 401, now theres no error but that message ive posted?

Reaction score
    AI_Trader, the accounts are being migrated, will take a few hours.

If you get the "protected name belongs to another user" you could pick a different (unprotected) name to login
    Does that mean in a few hours or tomorrow i will be able to login my account again and go on the server though?

Reaction score
    and i was so excited to kick ass with the ship i stayed up all night finishing... :(

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Yeah, we're sorry about the disruption of account up-linking, but that's sorta what happens when we replace the website. Hang in there, we'll get everything back up and running at 100% ASAP.

Reaction score
    Yeah, we're sorry about the disruption of account up-linking, but that's sorta what happens when we replace the website. Hang in there, we'll get everything back up and running at 100% ASAP.
    awesome thanks, im liking the new site btw but you should add a ships tab like the old site had for blueprints once things are running

Reaction score
    awesome thanks, im liking the new site btw but you should add a ships tab like the old site had for blueprints once things are running
    Check under "Community Content" -- there's categories for more than just ships now too!: Ships, Space Stations, Texture Packs, Skins, and Mods. Very nice! ^_^

Reaction score
    Y u cant migrate functionally.
    I cant even access my fav server due to this bs.
    And shortly is like 10 hours?!

Reaction score
    Y u cant migrate functionally.
    I cant even access my fav server due to this bs.
    And shortly is like 10 hours?!
    No need to get angry, just disable authentication and log in without authentication under a different name

Reaction score
    I think it's sorted with the latest udate (.142b?), we just need to update the server.

Koderz isn't there however so it might take a bit of time

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Still cant log in..
    I had that problem on a new installed server using no uplink and a fresh install of my latest client.

I had to click on uplink, then click on the button to "delete saved data" then click cancel.

After I did that it fixed it for me. Thought it might help you. My client had saved my auth info somewhere else (maybe the cache but didn't delete that in the end to fix)

Reaction score
    Still doesnt work :/
    Are you sure you are using the right capitalisation?

also, what error message do you get? a HTML 401 error? or something along the lines of "this account is protected"?