Logic to activate defensive effects in AI controlled turrets and ships

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I enjoy using certain defensive effects and for a good while, put them on turrets as well. I was then informed that the AI will not use defensive effects and all such blocks were wasted. Is there a way to use logic to activate such defensive effects so that they work despite the AI not using them from the hotbar? Is it even possible to trigger such things to on (high) using logic? Would any such logic work automatically despite logging off for a while and then relogging?

I suppose what would be needed is a logic system that activates the effect computer if it is off (low) and simply leaves it alone if it is on (high), assuming it is even possible.

If such a logic system is possible, would it be possible to use them even on our player controlled ships, so as to free a hotbar slot?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As far as I know, effects and the like deactivate when there is no player onboard, probably from the days where cloakers and jammers were the only 'effects', and you needed to be able to find the ship if you got out by accident. Logic toggles them on, but then the game instantly shuts them off because no player is detected piloting (hence why push/pull logic loops work).

That's how I figure it works anyways. Would love for there to be a way to let AI use effects (probably no cloaking though).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can see this being useful on turrets for switching jammers off and on. That way, when scanning shuts the jammer down, it just starts right back up again, and the switching off means that it isn't so overpowered that it is running all the time. On the other hand, I'm sure someone could easily implement a logic circuit that keeps it on all the time and turns it -back- on if it is shut down for any reason.