Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Folks,

Idea
    Layer the visibility of logic pipes, both in controls and blueprints

In advanced build mode, add tick boxes for the types of pipes you want to view.
    That way, you can eliminate them or not.

To resolve the existing visibility of logic pipes for decoration, perhaps have the same setting in the blueprint. So, if a user wants all their logic to be visible they can and vice versa if they don't. In this case, it would require two tick boxes per type of pipe.

Using this method would be tantamount to using a map, where you select the way you want to view the map and then the various layers you want to view. It can also be applied at a granular level depending on what type of blueprint you're using, but personally I wouldn't bother. Keep it as generic as possible. KISS!

Tick box options would be
    - Core to whatever, e.g. computer, switch, chair, etc.
    - Logic to whatever, e.g. switch to delay block, chair to switch or other logic etc.
    - Wireless to Wireless, ideal for working out your wireless issues.
    - Computer to module, would look mental busy, but visibility helps with logic debugging and diagnostics.

If you take this approach, you can potentially go crazy adding numerous logic pipe types, but I would limit this for sanity reasons. Or not, perhaps people like the insane look it provides.

By the way, I treat chairs in the example above as a logic component that works as if you were inside the core with computers, switches etc connected. The chair would be something that I would connect to something for control like a switch. The difference would be it has a hotbar component to it when viewed from the game console or HUD. Or perhaps have it just be the hotbar in the flight mode view. The external view of the chair would then have the player sitting instead of vanishing.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I won't say this particular change is planned. Logic pipes might be limited to build mode in the future. Having a variety of different pipe textures / shaders and various options starts making this a bit more complicated that it might not have to be.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It could be nice if the builders could set a ship based logic pipe visibility flag for then not in build mode.

This would ensure that ships, whose builders who used the pipes as part of their design, can be presented as intended while still allowing other ships to hide their pipes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Enable coloring of the logic pipe via c v linking. Press c on the light then v on the logic block sending the pipe. For invisible pipes use the black light.

Reactions: Valck