Logic makes weapons vanish from hotbar and menu

Reaction score
    My first venture into logic seems to have run into a bug because I can't see why else this would happen.

I followed Bench's tutorial #7 on connecting logic to a salvage beam. The logic clock did it's job and began triggering the beam but the salvage beam computer vanished from the hotbar and weapons menu after connecting it. Even after disconnecting the logic, the system never became available from flight mode again. The only way to get it back is to delete the computer, put down a new one and then reconnect everything. . . which can be a huge hassle with big arrays.

I reported this on bug tracker in caae it is not a known issue yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is supposed to happen. Linking a weapon to logic removes it from the hotbar and allows the logic only to activate it. If you want to use it from the hotbar, click C on the ship core, then V on the weapon computer, that will save you from deleting and replacing every time. If you want to activate it from the hotbar using the logic, use an Inner Ship Remote and label it. That will show up in your hotbar.

Edit: Don't forget to C the remote and V the activator/button used to activate the logic system.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Zeke beat me to the explanation, so I'll add a little bit of extra info:
    -disconnecting a weapons computer from the core, and connecting it to active logic also prevents FleetAI or BobbyAI from using the weapon.
    -This allows you to "program" the use of high-energy weapons systems in use by AI ships, since ArtificialIgnorance will very quickly spiral into power-outage if the weapons rotation and e/sec isn't carefully balanced.

Reaction score
    Thanks. I figured that logic would take it out of the hot bar but I couldn't figure out how to get it back in. I swear I tried the C and V thing with the core to see if it was intentional.,. but I may have done it backwards. I knew about the inner ship remote. . . I just hadn't gotten that far. . lol