Logic Help

Reaction score
    So, im trying to create a set of logic that makes it so when I activate a block, it activates for a few seconds, and then deactivates.

I've tried this numerous times alone, but it never executes the deactivate portion by itself. The only other way to do it is to create a never-ending loop, which isn't what I want. I know there's a logic thread posted, but I didn't find anything I needed on there

The reason for this was to create a automatic door that opens for a few seconds after crossing some area blocks, and then closes. I want to accomplish this without using step-on blocks, and only the blocks that you cross through. Is it possible?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I have never found a way to do this, but there is a way to do exactly what you want to do with the door without this. The area activations always invert the state the activation block is in, so if you put some delays on it and check if the start of the delays is the same state as the end of the delays with an and block, you can effectively make it do this.
    c area activation controller, v area trigger
    c activation near area activation, v delay
    c activation, v and
    c delay, v and
    c and, v plexdoor
    You can extend this however you like to control how long the door is open, the delay for the door to open (or lack there of) and of course, how big the area trigger area and plexdoor are.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I think I´ve done something like that. If you wait I see if I can find it.

Edit:

Ok I build something different and would have to try a bit to get it to work sry.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    This is what I use on all of my doors:

Activation #1 -> Delay #1 -> Delay #2 -> Delay #3 -> Delay #4 -> Not #1 -> Or #1 -> Activation #1
    Activation #1 -> Or #1
    Activation #1 -> All door blocks

Activation #1 is the button you will press to open the door, and needs to be exposed. Change the number of delay blocks to adjust how long the door stays open.