Logic halt after damage is taken.

Reaction score
    Hey there community, I've been playing for a while now, building a massive ship as we all do. However a rather unfortunate turn of events ended in me pissing off an NPC faction. After they burnt down the placeholder shield array and started chipping away my armor/HP% down to 98% every docked entity on the entire ship inexplicably unlocked itself. I left the sector, reloaded a new version of the ship and continued my work. The same senerio replayed itself a good 4-5 times. I have no clue whats going on and I would love some help with this. Also after the last time I took my naked ship and found that all the logic circuits wouldn't respond to any command (R to activate) I even rebooted the ship system (Y) but with no results. Possible fixes?

Thank you very much, Dimcreaper

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Does the logic issue persist after a relog?

Reaction score
    Does the logic issue persist after a relog?
    The circuits begin to function after I relog, however docked entities don't respond to rail changes, so the rail will change but door wont kind of situation. That sadly doesn't change the fact that I have no door to open XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    You might have a collision detection issue. I've found that when using advanced build mode to place large chunks of blocks, it's inevitable that I will overlap with a docked entity. Most often, you will get a notification that a block can't be placed in that location, but every now and again, it'll place a block in the same space as a docked block. When that happens, it's just a matter of time before the ship does a collision check and decides to eject any or all docked entities while yelling "it's touching me!!!" Can happen when it does a damage detection or when you log in, and can happen in a day or a week.

My advice would be to do an inspection of any docked entities and look for blocks that look like they are showing hints of more than one texture. Delete the offending block(s) and good luck.

Reaction score
    You might have a collision detection issue. I've found that when using advanced build mode to place large chunks of blocks, it's inevitable that I will overlap with a docked entity. Most often, you will get a notification that a block can't be placed in that location, but every now and again, it'll place a block in the same space as a docked block. When that happens, it's just a matter of time before the ship does a collision check and decides to eject any or all docked entities while yelling "it's touching me!!!" Can happen when it does a damage detection or when you log in, and can happen in a day or a week.

My advice would be to do an inspection of any docked entities and look for blocks that look like they are showing hints of more than one texture. Delete the offending block(s) and good luck.
    Thank you for the information, I'm pretty careful about not having blocks do that, mostly cause docked entities wont be able to move if they have blocks "phased" into another entity. However I do use a lot of wedges and slabs that slide smoothly against each other between entities. Do you think the touching wedges/slabs would be considered in the collision detection?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    No, those should be okay. It's only when they overlap. If an overlap had occurred, the docked entity wouldn't be able to move, or if it did, it wouldn't be blocked from returning to its original position. Most often I've run into the problem with docked entities that don't move, or move rarely and may take a while before the collision becomes an issue. Turret bases are a good example.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    No, those should be okay. It's only when they overlap.
    I did some tests with the slabs and wedges anyways and its not the issue. And I also looked over the entities that are coming undocked, there are no overlaps.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Known bug. Rails occasionally bug out and have a fit.

One way it has been solved is to delete the ship and spawn a new one, then immediately relog. Worth a try I guess.