LOD Creations n Stuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the only downside of this kind of creations is that you can't easily share your build. Most players play vanilla Starmade and are unable to load ships with custom blocks.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    the only downside of this kind of creations is that you can't easily share your build. Most players play vanilla Starmade and are unable to load ships with custom blocks.
    It would be awesome if somewhat the custom assets were exported with the blueprint.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    am I the only one annoyed that they dont have a diameter of a full block?
    every block and LoD object in starmade fits into one another, this really doesnt and it's such a small fix

Reaction score
    Cool idea. But try to make the block have multiple uses. As Nau said, it needs to align. At least in width. Or make it even smaller, so it can fit together with pipes or any other block that are in SM.

For example try to make it so that 1/2 slabs or 3/4 slabs align with anything from it.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Well...

currently the bolt is just for fun alpha testing the new editor features, (no idea what the universe update will bring with it).
    I just put it out there for anyone that is not familiar with 3d pipelines to play with.

Anyone is able to install the bolt with the editor if they want to use it or ships with it.
    In the current release blueprints can be loaded as admin without the actual bolt installed, it will simply be missing.

I imagine exporting custom assets will not happen because of potential CUSTOM_ID conflicts,(unless code to set "any free ID" is included).

The reason the bolt is not a full block is simple: sides touching is not the effect I wanted.
    starmade-screenshot-0136.png
    I see potential "design" possibilities here, this is just a first prototype, (find the square*).
    Making more sizes / designs at this point in developement is, well, pointless.

Slabs don't really play with pipes well either, any way you turn em, slabs are only full on the back side.
    starmade-screenshot-0137.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: klawxx