[linux] player models not rendered

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so every thing I've tried in the games works fine except player models don't render. I'm using ubuntu 15.10 with the radeon driver and the bundled java with beta launcher. As well as players, things that use the player model like shop keepers and crew don't render at all. This results in floating radar blips that I can interact with.

Normally I'd ignore the problem as a quirk of the linux driver or what not but I want to use this install to record my new youtube series.

I'm hoping it's just a settings problem... any suggestions?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    May you tell us a bit more about your video hardware and possibly attach a log.txt.0 from a startup and shutdown of the game here?

- Andy

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Oh thats interesting:

Code:
    [2016-02-28 05:11:01] Running on thread: ClientThread
    Adapter: null
    Driver Version: null
    Vendor: X.Org
    OpenGL Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.0.2
    Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD JUNIPER (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.6.2)
    If I recall correctly any OpenGL interface should report a proper chip type,
    this is a generic fallback reply.
    For this setup, I suggest turning off procedural background, as I assume it may overflow in memory or run into issues with that, and this can cause characters to be skipped in rending.
    However, it still looks like there is some part of the OpenGL support not working properly.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I switched from the open source radeon driver to the fglrx (amd catalyst) driver and my issue is fixed. thank you for your help.