Launcher can’t download StarMade.

Reaction score
    Ok, I think this is pretty rare but I am afflicted with one. The launcher seems to get stuck every time I tried to launch it. I used 2 launchers and did what I can to remedy this situation. I also submitted a ticket but the ticket became inaccessible. Let's get to the details.
    During downloads, the launcher will get stuck, (47 percent in one and 48 percent in another) and it will stay like that. Please help...

PS: I also used the starmade checker tool and a report doc says that "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." It also says that my computer uses an unfamiliar NVIDIA GeForce 940MX that can run OpenGL 4.5. Also my storage is sufficient for Starmade.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    No idea what your problem is (bitlocker? profile permissions? elevation? Dickish ISP? Drive compression? )...But, it shouldn't really matter.

Index of /build/ that's a direct link to the build files.

As of this moment the newest one is https://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20200215_223628.zip 15-Feb-2020 23:43 390M

Unzip it, point the launcher to it as the install directory, see what other issues you have if any.

Protip: Reading the "fine print" at the bottom of the downloads page would have directed you to the above links via the " If the updater doesn't download the latest game release, you can download it here. " right at the bottom under the "good news" check-mark.

Reaction score
    “Unzip it, point the launcher to it as the install directory, see what other issues you have if any.”

What does it mean?

I also did more attempts today, sadly they got worse.

EDIT: I think this is resolved, I got starmade now! Thank you to one of the devs for helping me. :)

Last edited: