latest update breaks authentication system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a warning.

The latest update causes massive issues on servers with the authentication system turned on, EOF exceptions from clients, server not responding and crashing.

Turning it off will prevent all this from happening, but will bring some nasty risks with it as we all know...

Requesting fix asap?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is exactly what i have found the latest update with authentication enabled = crash .... running servers with authentication disabled is not an option players will LOOT everything :) and god knows what the will do if they get on an admin account

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh god they need to fix this ASAP. If anybody gets an admin account they could destroy everything

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you turn authentication on it crashes ... this means any server running updated is running without authentication!

Unless you have managed to figure some way of running without it breaking?

Reaction score
    I did NOT test this, but I am being TOLD this is true.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And when he turns it on, server keeps crashing.

Doesn\'t seem like an option now, does it?

Reaction score
    It\'s going to be tragedy for some people if it doesn\'t get fixed soon.

Reaction score
    Confirmed, fix please?

Some people that are unaware are going to have some serious butthurt about this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    About half the people on our server cannot get on it. Please release a hotfix!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Testing locally, it seems that saved logins aren\'t*, and some or all of the EOFExceptions may be due to the server saying \"Lol, you aren\'t authenticated, *disconnect*\" without telling the player what it was being disconnected for. (As this is what was happening immediately after I turned on authentication, until I logged back in, despite that I had told Starmade to save my login several times previously.)

Late Edit: What I was talking about here turns out to be a bug specifically with connections to sandbox and localhost not loading credentials.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That would explain a lot. I kept getting EOFExceptions clientside last night for no reason (came out of nowhere), then could no longer connect to ANY servers. Same thing keeps happened today.
    I still need to try this on my server (desktop running as a server via my LAN) to see if I get the same thing as the other multiplayer servers. In theory I should, seeing how authentication is just as nessesary as with any other IP server.

EDIT: I do. My server responds the same way as the other multiplayer servers (Client side EOFException). *sigh* Please fix this. I\'d like to play. You know, while I\'m still interested in doing so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We need to have this patched or else the griefers will have a field day with this....

Really, I can not access my favorite server atm.

Reaction score
    It seems to affect a portion of the people, most of our players got affected by it.