Larger Caliber Weapons

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I would like to suggest that on the new weapon update we be givan the ability to increes our weapons projectile or beam size. After all, when I fire my death beam at some one I want it to look like it's an honest to goodness death beam. Not me using a laser pointer to play with my cat. And as far as cannons are concerned, we have what looks like a beebe gun when we are using bloody elphont guns.

Now on to the second part of this. The first part was me just suggesting that we be able to make are weapons look more visually apeeling.
    If possible I would also like this to change the performances of the weapons.
    For example let's say I take my cannon and change the caliber from 1 to 3. The 3 is of cours going to be bigger and thus have a slight reduction in speed and possibly reload time. However it will have better penetration and make a 3x3 hole in its target. Now it would probably be bad if you could take a cannon or beam and set it to make like a 50x50 hole in something, so it might be wise to cap it at like 10 or 15.

In any case that's just a thought I had, and as always is probably in need of beeing fleshed out a little more an tweaked here and there. Or posibly just better explaind. But that's what the suggestions area is for.

Reaction score
    You can already sort of due this. Using the beacon light makes your weapon super glowy (at least for missiles, have not tested for cannons and beams). Second part if you want to make a wider hole, use an explosive tertiary effect and you'll get a 3x3 cross shaped hole. If you want to go even bigger you can use Missile-Cannon which has an explosion like a missile, but flies faster and unguided like a cannon or you can use parallel cannons or beams so that your attack works more or less like a salvager waffle.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Even at 10 or 15 it makes missiles a 100% garbage weapon
    10 or 15 was me spit balling, but even if this was implemented and 10 to 15 was the cap it dos not make missiles garbage. After all if properly implemented a 10 to 15 cannon shell would make 100% c+c take at lest as long as the current c+b to load (After all that's a big shell) and missiles are still guided which is already an advantage over cannon.
    You can already sort of due this. Using the beacon light makes your weapon super glowy (at least for missiles, have not tested for cannons and beams). Second part if you want to make a wider hole, use an explosive tertiary effect and you'll get a 3x3 cross shaped hole. If you want to go even bigger you can use Missile-Cannon which has an explosion like a missile, but flies faster and unguided like a cannon or you can use parallel cannons or beams so that your attack works more or less like a salvager waffle.
    So for the beacon I also do not know if it works for cannon or beam. Beacons are white and I don't make my weapons that color so it wouldn't work for me anyway.
    As for explosive effect, c+m, and multiple weapon outputs I know about them.
    Explosive is finicky when hiting advanced armor, some times leaving the armor intact but still passing through and doing damage underneath. You also can't get it biger that the 3x3 cross section. C+m can be shot down, nd you can dodge them rather easily. And as for having several weapons outputs right next to each other. It works, but dos not look like a single cannon shell or beam. Its not so bad for cannons, but beams look like crap when you do that.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    10 or 15 was me spit balling, but even if this was implemented and 10 to 15 was the cap it dos not make missiles garbage. After all if properly implemented a 10 to 15 cannon shell would make 100% c+c take at lest as long as the current c+b to load (After all that's a big shell) and missiles are still guided which is already an advantage over cannon.

So for the beacon I also do not know if it works for cannon or beam. Beacons are white and I don't make my weapons that color so it wouldn't work for me anyway.
    As for explosive effect, c+m, and multiple weapon outputs I know about them.
    Explosive is finicky when hiting advanced armor, some times leaving the armor intact but still passing through and doing damage underneath. You also can't get it biger that the 3x3 cross section. C+m can be shot down, nd you can dodge them rather easily. And as for having several weapons outputs right next to each other. It works, but dos not look like a single cannon shell or beam. Its not so bad for cannons, but beams look like crap when you do that.
    The shortcomings of M-C are there by design to offset its advantages. On any of the few servers that actually use default weapon ranges, they are a great weapon. Making C-?-E able to support a bigger blast radius would bypass some of the balancing features. B-?-E would become uber broken.

Perhaps a better suggestion would be something visually different rather than mechanically so. As in, if you nest beams that touch corner to corner in a waffle pattern that the game would render them as one large beam or heavy cannon shell. That would look less retarded, and be easier on processing power if done right, but it might also be less intuitive for newer players to understand their damage patterns.

Reactions: Spartan-228
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Perhaps a better suggestion would be something visually different rather than mechanically so. As in, if you nest beams that touch corner to corner in a waffle pattern that the game would render them as one large beam or heavy cannon shell. That would look less spaget, and be easier on processing power if done right, but it might also be less intuitive for newer players to understand their damage patterns.
    That's not a bad idea.