Large scale build limitations

Reaction score
    Some may call me crazy, but I was a minecraft builder, and a star trek fan, so I decided to make a "scale model" of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D. And I ran into some problems Immediately, so I will list them off here, some of them are suggestions some of them are bugs.

1. The symmetry tool stops functioning after abour 170 blocks, this limits the size of the ships massively.

2. Deleting sections of the ship is bizzare with the "remove" tool, and makes deleting sections difficult.

3. Moving around the ship in build mode is slow, even with the "left-shift" speed teqnique, it is a little too slow and I believe that this should be balanced

4. It is hard to find a safe area within survival sandbox mode, this makes building within a safe contained area impossible, to combat this prehaps a "spaceport" or "building" game-mode could be added to safegaurd the integrety of ships.

Thank you for reading this and please reply with any critiques or comments below

Reaction score
    How exactly would they balance 3? Make it faster? Then I could argue that\'s unbalanced and favors huge ships over smaller ships.

Reaction score
    Not moving the ship faster, but moving the player around faster so they can get around their ship in BUILD-MODE, read it again please, I understand why larger ships move slower as a debuff, and I am not against this, please next time read properly before attacking someones statement falsely.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The mirror wool works fine, build out to the dimensions you need then build within those dimensions. If the mirror tool has bugged out, restart the game. I\'ve build a 600m wide ship fine with it.

The delete tool is bad, I agree, just go with the oppisite of that advbuild placement says.

To move faster, combine movement keys, I use a combo of W, E, D, and shift at the same time to move substantially faster.

-Crus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok the symmetry tool thing sounds bad but I havnt built big enough to confirm the issue.

The removal tool is fkn incredible as it is if you compare to minecraft that doesnt have the option at all. The issue is that starmade makes you see how much easier building could be if you had \"just one more feature\". The removal tool needs a reference point thats all. It works fine.

The speed thing is really relative to size and how far you want to go. Its faster than flying in mc and if it were any faster it would be too touchy for mid sized ships. They could add a slider on the l ctrl menu to change your speed but i think its already close to max speed of 50 tho and im sure there is a computational or latency reason that 50 is the max speed.

Finally, if you want a safe place to build, make one. If you want to break immersion use 3ds max to make your ships. Earth had to make a safe place surrounded by military to make the enterprise. If you want to make the enterprise, make a hangar with shields and ai turrets to build inside of.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And the guy talking about 3 did not misread lol. He was referring to build mode speed and he is absolutely right.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Is there a forum topic showing th build proccessmof this build?