Konata Izumi?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just digging around in the files of the game because I was a little bored and curious, and I ended up finding an image titled Konata.png. I'm just wondering, what is the main character from the anime Lucky Star doing in a game about space exploration?

She is in the (installation folder)\data\models\ground folder. She even has her own model files, konata.material, konata.mesh, konata.mesh.xml, konata.scene, KonataBroom.mesh, and KonataBroom.mesh.xml. There is also a file called "left eye.mesh.xml" but I don't know if that is related.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was wondering the same thing when I saw \"Konata:models/ground/Konata\" flash by on the loading screen.

Here\'s what I was able to pull from the game\'s files.

The Konata model appears to be thrown together for use as a test model.

And here\'s the konatabroom.mesh, it didn\'t have a texture, so I left it as the default blue color that it was.

Btw, your username and profile pic are freakin\' awesome.

Reaction score
    I saw the file showup during loading a while back but never gave it much thought. Kona-chan popped into my head but I figured Schema might just be a Lucky Star fan and used her name as a temp filename for something he was testing, never expected there to actually be a full Konata model in the game. I\'m also thinking the left eye file might have something to do with the Mikuru Beam, Haruhi Suzumiya reference.

Reaction score
    WeegeePerson, please share with us, what program did you use to view this model?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a Mikuru beam reference in the game...

But that means...

*tries to find the episodes in which the SOS club play a space-themed game against the computer club, as it might have some interesting ship designs to use in-game, or even be where the Isanth comes from*

*searches*

*this would be easier if I was actually at home and was anywhere near my DVDs*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I simply took the .mesh files and converted them to .objs, then I imported them into Blender and used konata.png to texture it. The mesh already had UV maps created to work with the texture, making everything easier and showing that this model had more work put into it than we thought.

The .mesh models that we\'ve been talking about within this tread appear to not be in the game any more. Only konata.scene and konata.material remain, at least for me anyway.

Luckily, I have kept the files I used. I\'ll upload them if you guys want.