Kij Shipworks - Now featuring the KS-CT1 Haligar!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm moving right along with building my first real ship that isn't a bunch of parts and hull blocks slapped together. So with the progress I've made, I wanted to see if I could get some early reviews for you fine folk. I have not finished placing wedges, colors, or logic at all, but the basic shape and functionality is in place. What do you think?

Artistic angle view:

Side view. Right now this is all in grey hull and standard armor. I want to make this have a plain base color (grey or white) with green accents to mirror the salvager cannon color. That's what the side of the engines in the back is waiting for:

Top down view. Again, I haven't filled in the engines, and haven't rounded them off yet. I wanted to make sure that the USD's stuck out further than the engines and cannons, but this picture doesn't really show that very well:

View of the salvager array. Cannon modules aren't fully populated because they are expensive:

Rear view. I intend to make the two middle engines circular, but the side engines more oval in shape. I also want to put ice or varat crystals back here, maybe bastyn:

What do you think?

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    I'm moving right along with building my first real ship that isn't a bunch of parts and hull blocks slapped together. So with the progress I've made, I wanted to see if I could get some early reviews for you fine folk. I have not finished placing wedges, colors, or logic at all, but the basic shape and functionality is in place. What do you think?

Artistic angle view:

Side view. Right now this is all in grey hull and standard armor. I want to make this have a plain base color (grey or white) with green accents to mirror the salvager cannon color. That's what the side of the engines in the back is waiting for:

Top down view. Again, I haven't filled in the engines, and haven't rounded them off yet. I wanted to make sure that the USD's stuck out further than the engines and cannons, but this picture doesn't really show that very well:

View of the salvager array. Cannon modules aren't fully populated because they are expensive:

Rear view. I intend to make the two middle engines circular, but the side engines more oval in shape. I also want to put ice or varat crystals back here, maybe bastyn:

What do you think?
    Well it looks alright, though ofc once you cover engines will look better.
    You got any stats for that, so far? Just to get an idea of what weapons (if any) it uses ('cept salvager), if salvager is linked to cannon computer, power stats etc.
    Does it have a jumpdrive? Because that's very important for a salvager if you're in an area where planets are 100+km away.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You got any stats for that, so far? Just to get an idea of what weapons (if any) it uses ('cept salvager), if salvager is linked to cannon computer, power stats etc.
    Does it have a jumpdrive? Because that's very important for a salvager if you're in an area where planets are 100+km away.
    Ah good questions. First one first, I don't have a jump drive yet. I was showing my coworker who has never played StarMade these screenshots and he asked the same thing. So I'll be revising some of the interior to make room for a computer and the modules.

I put what I figured may be adequate for power and shields, but what do I know?

Mass: 185.4
    Power: 128,668.8 (15,431 e/s)
    Thrust: 109.1
    Shields: 3,194 (209 s/s)
    Structure HP: 72,680
    Armor HP: 72,425

Should I back way off on the power capacitors and bump up shields some more? Thanks for the advice!

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Ah good questions. First one first, I don't have a jump drive yet. I was showing my coworker who has never played StarMade these screenshots and he asked the same thing. So I'll be revising some of the interior to make room for a computer and the modules.

I put what I figured may be adequate for power and shields, but what do I know?

Mass: 185.4
    Power: 128,668.8 (15,431 e/s)
    Thrust: 109.1
    Shields: 3,194 (209 s/s)
    Structure HP: 72,680
    Armor HP: 72,425

Should I back way off on the power capacitors and bump up shields some more? Thanks for the advice!
    Sorry that I took my time replying, have been busy. Power seems ok. A bit more thrust I would say. Also, I'd recommend a logic-run salvaging array (if you don't have that yet). (i.e. you can leave your salvager to it and it will repeatedly mine). And yes, definetly get the jump drive if you haven't yet.

Reactions: Kij421
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ooo, I'll have to look up the logic-run salvage array. I do agree with you on the thrust, so I actually started making modifications to the engine area to make it a bit nicer looking, which also makes room for more thrusters. And I did get a jump drive, and that is definitely something I can't go without going forward. Thanks, Bogdan!

Reactions: Bogdan
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    may i suggest running one long chain power of power generators as they produce more power touching in a line

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah, do they? See, I wasn't sure. I've always heard of the checker box pattern for power generators. I'll see about updating that in my engines back there.

I have made some more changes to some of the shape of the engines a bit. I'll need to take some new screenshots and post them.

Reaction score
    Ah, do they? See, I wasn't sure. I've always heard of the checker box pattern for power generators. I'll see about updating that in my engines back there.

I have made some more changes to some of the shape of the engines a bit. I'll need to take some new screenshots and post them.
    No. Power reactors are most efficient when they run in an unbroken line without repeating directions.
    Most people build large ships where it's easy to just throw down large straight lines, consequently most people can't be bothered (it's a lot of work) or just don't understand how to build efficient reactors for smaller ships.

You want as few groups as possible. You want the groups as large as possible, so as close as possible to end to end of the ship in all 3 directions.
    My few ships in CC besides being ugly are also pre-HP system (so their mass is higher now and the weapon systems are twice the size they were designed to power) but the reactor designs are solid. If you grab the 1300 or the Warbler and rip off everything but the reactors you can see better than words.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    You want as few groups as possible. You want the groups as large as possible, so as close as possible to end to end of the ship in all 3 directions.
    I thought that was the case with capacitors, but not necessarily with reactors. But, in reading the wiki page briefly, I see I should have read up a bit more before I made conclusions. Thanks.

Reaction score
    I thought that was the case with capacitors, but not necessarily with reactors. But, in reading the wiki page briefly, I see I should have read up a bit more before I made conclusions. Thanks.
    Caps you preferably want a single group, shape doesn't matter. You lose a bit of efficiency if they are in multiple groups, but it's nothing earthshattering. Don't go crazy with them either, you generally need enough to power whatever your highest per shot power use is (generally your biggest missile or beam) and a little extra never hurts. For the most part reactors are what limit your systems.

Shield rechargers consume 10x the power when under load (recharging after taking hits). Thruster power use displayed is per tick not per second. The different weapons display power use differently. If you're trying to calculate things closely you need to be mindful of when you are looking at per second, per tick, per shot, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    All right, the long awaited update!

Presenting the KS-U1 - Mattock, now sporting Trident Industries colors!

Checking in at 209 mass with just shy of 3k blocks, this 38m long salvager will casually munch on asteroids and get the job done.

Now equipped with blinking navigation lights and two fully functional USDs located conveniently on either side.

Complete with four large engines in the back, and a jump drive and teleporter up front, the Mattock will get you where you need to be.

Equipped with a small cargo hold, the Mattock will make sure you aren't haven't to clear your inventory too terribly often.

The inner airlock door also closes when one of the outer doors is opened, either by pressing the button or docking to the USD. Kij Shipworks, keeping you safe from the vacuum of space since three days ago!

And just take a look at that view!

The KS-U1 Mattock from Kij Shipworks! Now flying on the NFD Build Server!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Welcome back to another ship preview from Kij Shipworks! Today, we're featuring the latest ship in development, the KS-CT1, also known as the Haligar.

Seen here with two sizes of cargo container, the Haligar is the first ship of the Cargo Transport line, and the first to feature the ability to carry various sized cargo containers. The current designs contain a significant amount of thrust to be able to get from place to place, with or without cargo containers!

And with two rotating mounting hooks on either side, you can be sure your cargo is going only where you want it to. An important note to add here is that, while not yet implemented, these cargo containers will be fully stackable. You will be able to carry more than one container at a time!

Here, you can see the smallest cargo container the Haligar is capable of carrying. Measuring in at only 15m wide, 15m deep, and 7m tall, this little cargo container will feature four ramp doors for easy access in and out of the container on the ground. It also features a mounting hardpoint at each corner. A perfect match for the rotating mounting hooks that come standard on each KS-CT1 Haligar. The included mounting hooks for the smaller container have not yet been implemented.

And here's a much larger sized container! Measuring in at 31m wide, 45m deep and 15m tall, this container features larger cargo bay doors ramps and heavy duty mount points. Again, the stackability feature has not yet been implemented in this container.

The unfinished interior is based off of extending the USD airlock into a full hallway, running the length of the ship. You'll be space trucking in comfort with living amenities and additional side cargo bays on either side, including convenient access to engineering all the way in the back.

One last thing of note is that the KS-CT1 Haligar will feature a USD at the bottom of the ship as well, allowing access to the cargo containers without having to perform any EVA or expose your cargo to the vacuum of space.

Thank you for your excitement on the latest line of Kij Shipworks products. Please stay tuned for more updates!

Seriously though, I think we should probably talk about a standardized cargo container, like what apparently happened with the USD for docking. What do y'all think about what I have so far? Thanks to ASM and TheFloorMatt for some initial feedback on the NFD server.

Reactions: Rumcajz