1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before August.

Khan! Teaser

Discussion in 'Fan Art/Screenshots' started by Tomino_sama, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Tomino_sama

[​IMG]
      --- Updated post (merge), Feb 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 15, 2015 ---
      Ship built by Gaeasson.
      Enterprise-E helped with Piloting
      Used Greenscreen Mod and 6 hours of rendering effects

• Creative Creative x 1
    2. Galladinator

Khaning soon?

• Like Like x 1
    3. ToyotaSupra

SPOON

• Like Like x 1
    4. Dragon2000

enterprise E i did not see an enterprise E since the E was a sovereign class starship whereas the two ships that were shown were a 23rd century miranda class and a 23rd century constitution refit which was USS Enterprise A and the miranda class USS Reliant NCC-1864

5. therimmer96

therimmer96 The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher

Enterprise-E is a player name

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Mariux

Mariux Kittenator

I don't know how I feel about the beg for likes in the start of the video... Nice ship though.

7. Tomino_sama

In all the 1700+ releases, I never had asked for likes before. This reaction is pretty boring. Please help me to help this game to grow. I have been doing it long enough for people to know I want the game to succeed.

The first time I ask for a Like, I get miserable reactions. It's a wonder bigger Channels don't come back eh?
      You guys will be prophets of your own Doom ;D **
      --- Updated post (merge), Feb 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 16, 2015 ---
      You have a healthy sense of Humor. I Like that. It's inspiring to me.
      Bored of Fun Police now.

** some people don't get my sense of humour, that's fine but please remember I am a passionate player of starmade, so many of these Jokes are sarcastic or ironic. this can easily be taken out of context. However Most people know the meaning of "jest" -- Also most importantly have fun!!

#7 Tomino_sama, Feb 16, 2015
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    8. Zeno9141

You're like asking for a shitstorm with that attitude of yours, parading all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 5
    9. therimmer96

therimmer96 The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher

suggestion

either turn off shadows, or install @crusades extended shadows mod, it looks ridiculous when doing panning shots of the ships.

• Useful Useful x 1
    10. Comr4de

This

also it would've been cooler if you had the music from the actual fight scene

but that's just me

Literally one post, and all he said was that he wasn't sure how he felt. And you WONDER why there are people who don't like you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

Interesting use of the green screen mod.

Ps: Get rekt
      [​IMG]
      Edit: ^ this is a joke btw

#11 Keptick, Feb 17, 2015
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Tomino_sama

I agree that the shadows did look off. I didn't know about the extended shaders mod, so will be using that now. Thanks for the suggestion.

about the "call to action" [LIKE FOR KHAN]
      if there are enough likes on a short teaser it is understood to mean that the creator will expand the release. In this context the "trailer / teaser" is made to see if the audience wants a follow up.

The sequence shot is themed from the scene before the second fight int he movie. All that is happening is the enterprise is looking for Khan, and features the battle damaged hull from the first fight (seen at 0:20 seconds)

I have had suggestions from the community that i might enhance improve my content. Using Likes as a guage is a way to get that feedback. If people like it I make more content like that. It is only a rough guage, but it helps beyond actual comments.
      --- Updated post (merge), Feb 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2015 ---
      Also this is Awesome! Great use of the mod mate :D

I released the greenscreen RAWs from the khan teaser as a competition to anyone interested in trying out there own editing skills.

Here is the link to the media if you want to have a go -
      https://slack-files.com/T039RKV72-F03MCQ336-486d7d6854

And here are the Current entries up to now :)

channel: LegoRobot17

channel: Yelby2

13. Keptick

Keptick Overkill titan builder

Tomino_sama I'm glad that you like that image :D

Apart from the lens flare that screenshot is actually 100% ingame content. All credits go to Deadlis for that pic. As for that huuuuuuuuge 1:1 scale vengeance it's currently being hand built by the Starfleet faction (they're crazy).

• Like Like x 1
    14. EmperorVonDoom

Khaan! Kirk! Khaan! Kirk! ...

Loved it mate!
      Can't wait to see the full cinematic.
      Left a like aswell. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    15. Tomino_sama

I agree with you that this would have been cooler with the "Copyright Musics" that will flag me on "Content ID" - This is the reason we can't have nice things.