Keep the Old Blocks as Decorations

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So the reactor chamber stuff mentioned that things like Jump Drive will be built into the reactors themselves and no longer require their own blocks. On one hand, I like this. On the other hand, I use jump modules and jump inhibitor modules a lot for decoration because of how they're animated. They make great power transfer conduits, that kind of thing.

When we switch over, can we please keep the old blocks around, and craftable, as some kind of decorative block?

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I think it'd be cool if we could call them something different (e.g. 'Jump-Plasma Conduit, Electro-Mag Conduit', etc.)

Also, something else that'd be neat - what if we could opt to use them as cosmetically different conduits in the new power system? I'd love some of my Coalition designs to use the Jump Drive look for their power conduits.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I remember that coming up in th stream, and one of the two saying that's exactly what's going to happen.
    Ah, thanks. I didn't have time to watch the entire thing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I remember that coming up in th stream, and one of the two saying that's exactly what's going to happen.
    Is that why they didn't answer my three questions about that ? Or they want to keep it "secret" for the universe update...

Reaction score
    I would really appreciate if all these decorative legacy blocks were combined into few "decorative X" blocks with switchable textures.
    Same goes even for the blocks currently in use, like shipyard blocks, effect modules, filled "slab-compatible" cargo space, transporters and what have you.
    Maybe we could have some sort of per-entity model/texture switch to get what Asvarduil mentioned while we're at it?