Just when I thought I understood logic a little...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello All,

Since the latest update (0.19592) I started a new SP survival world and found it interesting to do my first crafting on, or better, in a hollowed out asteroid. No problem, although up and down and left and right is seriously mixed up in whatever orientation I build my cave. ;)

Time to use a gravity block to get the feet on the right ground and yes that worked fine.

However, now for the problem I encounter. The base has two entries and I thought I just put a button next to both entrances to activate the gravity when I enter the base. Hooking one button (C) to the gravity block (V) works fine, but it seems I cannot slave a gravity block to two buttons. No problem I thought I set it up like the following picture:

The central button is hooked to the gravity block and does toggle the gravity on and off in the above test setup. The buttons on the left and right are hooked to the central one and should switch gravity on and off too, or at least I thought so, but they don't?

Anybody care to explain why this doesn't work, or have I found a bug?

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Anybody care to explain why this doesn't work, or have I found a bug?
    Logic does not perpetuate a player signature. As such, you will have to link the buttons directly to the gravity module, as putting any logic module in between will remove the signature, which is necessary for gravity modules to operate.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Logic does not perpetuate a player signature. As such, you will have to link the buttons directly to the gravity module, as putting any logic module in between will remove the signature, which is necessary for gravity modules to operate.
    Okay, I can understand that the signature is lost when the button used is not directly connected to the gravity block. However, linking two buttons to the same gravity block doesn't work, I can only connect one. As soon as I connect a second button to the same gravity block the link with the first button is lost. Maybe I didn't explain that good enough in the first post. ;)

So, what's the solution then? Using two gravity blocks one for each button, or, since this is SP anyhow, drop a public permission block next to the gravity block so the three button setup works?

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Okay, I can understand that the signature is lost when the button used is not directly connected to the gravity block. However, linking two buttons to the same gravity block doesn't work, I can only connect one. As soon as I connect a second button to the same gravity block the link with the first button is lost. Maybe I didn't explain that good enough in the first post. ;)

So, what's the solution then? Using two gravity blocks one for each button, or, since this is SP anyhow, drop a public permission block next to the gravity block so the three button setup works?

Greets,

Jan
    The public permission block wouldn't change anything. And yes, using multiple gravity blocks is the solution.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, an extra gravity block it is then. Thanks for clearing this puzzle up. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As soon as I connect a second button to the same gravity block the link with the first button is lost. Maybe I didn't explain that good enough in the first post. ;)
    All logic-interactable blocks that are not gates can only have one controller.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'll keep that in mind for the future Jaaskinal. :)

Greets,

Jan