Java API

Reaction score
    Are there plans to have a Java API (or another language? I assume Java, given people are posting exceptions here.) for modding when it progresses past infancy?

edit: if so, make a maven repository for it.

Reaction score
    I believe SM already has an integrated Lua interpreter that we will be able to use at a later time.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    A modding API is planned in the future.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    One of the things that I love about how Schema is making Starmade is that he's doing it in a way that ensures all past, current, and future features are capable of changing to fit the wants of each individual user. Add to that his plans on making a modding API and it seems more like Schema is creating a sci-fi themed framework of fun than a game in the traditional sense.

Reaction score
    One of the things that I love about how Schema is making Starmade is that he's doing it in a way that ensures all past, current, and future features are capable of changing to fit the wants of each individual user. Add to that his plans on making a modding API and it seems more like Schema is creating a sci-fi themed framework of fun than a game in the traditional sense.
    Oh ho! Someone is perceptive. ;) We don't want to tell you how to play your game if you want to play it a different way. Sometimes you want a guided experience, but sometimes you want to guide the experience yourself. Let us set the terms, or have fun on your own terms. And with modding, those who have the time, love and motivation can create new and polished experiences to share with others. It'll be fascinating seeing what people make in the future. :)