Issue with ventral turrets

Reaction score
    In the latest build (v0.14), working from a blueprint converted from the last stable build, I have this issue with turrets docked on the underside of my ship. If I use the arrow keys to manually cycle from the core or from a turret docked on the top of the ship to one docked on the bottom, the ones on the bottom behave like they're docked on top of the ship. They pivot the wrong way around the turret docking point, clipping through the underside of the ship. It seems almost like it's keeping the orientation from the last core you cycled through, instead of using the orientation of the entity you switched to.

EDIT: I think it was some corrupted data in the entity itself, or something. I placed a new turret dock elsewhere on the ship, and the problem seems to have gone away. Hard to tell if it might resurface. I don't think this can occur with new entities, only those imported from the last stable build. Could be tough to reproduce this bug.

Reaction score
    I\'ve had this happen with turrets on top of my ship as well, they suddenly flip around and go inside of the ship. (and with the new docking position remembering you can\'t really fix it)

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The turret and normal docking modules got turned through the last versions.

Since the mirroring didnt work as expected on some orientations. (Sadly currently it is not working too xD)

This caused some blueprints with docking ports saved facing inward, and some facing outward.
    There was a autoconversion for this, but blueprints that never got resaved in the course of this, now have the docking module facing inwards, and the dockarea saved outwards. That causes this weird behaviour.

Sort of alpha related bug, that is not easily fixable. :P
    Replacing the dock module will help in most cases.

- Andy