• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
    • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Recently I was playing on a server, salvaging a pirate station minding my own business. An enemy faction found me and attacked. My ship is a perma-cloaking salvager, but has a few small "missile + pulse + punch" weapons on it. I retaliated.

It turns out that one of the enemy players was a server admin. After they took a little damage, this admin started threatening to delete my ship, claiming it's a "doom cube" and against the server's rules.

Here's my ship:

As you can tell, this isn't a cube and isn't "slapped together by a lazy person" - it's very carefully designed to get the power right (perma-cloaking is hard enough without getting decent salvaging, jump drive, scanner, etc).

So, you tell me - is it a doom cube, or was the admin abusing his powers?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nope, not a death cube.

EDIT What server were you playing on?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Not exactly a doomcube, especially if its cloaked, but I can sorta see their point.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Although it's not really a doom cube in the first place, I can see where the admin was coming from. I'd take some of the thrusters from the back or the ship and use them to make wingy bits on the sides. that way you keep the same mass but the ship becomes less cuby.

IMHO, the admin was probably just jelous that you had a better ship than him.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Recently I was playing on a server, salvaging a pirate station minding my own business. An enemy faction found me and attacked. My ship is a perma-cloaking salvager, but has a few small "missile + pulse + punch" weapons on it. I retaliated.

It turns out that one of the enemy players was a server admin. After they took a little damage, this admin started threatening to delete my ship, claiming it's a "doom cube" and against the server's rules.

Here's my ship:

As you can tell, this isn't a cube and isn't "slapped together by a lazy person" - it's very carefully designed to get the power right (perma-cloaking is hard enough without getting decent salvaging, jump drive, scanner, etc).

you basically met some butthurt admins ;)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store

Here's my ship:

Definetly not a deathcube, but it could use some more elegant design thought :P

Reaction score
    Nope, not a death cube.

EDIT What server were you playing on?
    Heh - I'd like to tell you, but naming them wouldn't be all that professional.

I'm sure if the administrator or the server owner wanted others to know which server it was, they would've replied to this post already ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm that admin, and he was simply asked to cover it in hull to meet the rules set down for the server. Which he refused to do and argued, and hence was banned. Now he is sour that he has been banned and wants to continue to take the argument over multiple forums and comments sections.

Please forum admin, close this thread.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'm that admin, and he was simply asked to cover it in hull to meet the rules set down for the server.
    If it was expressed in this way, there is nothing wrong. Although it is hard to make a fully hulled stealth ship, but that is besides the point.

Reactions: Mariux
    Reaction score
    I'm that admin, and he was simply asked to cover it in hull to meet the rules set down for the server. Which he refused to do and argued, and hence was banned. Now he is sour that he has been banned and wants to continue to take the argument over multiple forums and comments sections.
    You were butt-hurt because you couldn't win in a fair fight and threatened to delete my ship. Naturally (like everyone else here) I didn't think the ship was against the rules, and didn't want to ruin a perfectly good perma-cloaker with hulls for no valid reason. Instead I chose to take pictures of it and never return. Rather than argue your case, you banned me after I had already left.

Please note that the server's rules do not say a ship must have hulls. The specific rule is (which I didn't want to post as it identified the server, but now that's not a problem):

"5. The building or importing of "Doom Cubes" is not acceptable. A doom cube is a shapeless ship with large lumps of systems spammed inside of it. Usually the builder is even so lazy they don't even bother to cover it in hull. Ships that fit this description will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned. (So this is obvious to the reading impaired: Ships built without hull, or to exploit the game mechanic will be removed. Players who persist will also be removed)."

The ship was not imported, was not a cube, was note a "shapeless ship with large clumps spammed inside it". The ship did not fit the description.

The ship also did not exploit game mechanics. Perma-cloaking has been part of the game for a long long time. Yes, the ship did not have hulls, but this is only mentioned as an explanation of the rule and is not part of the rule itself.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mariux and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I will never understand why admins are allowed to play the server that their admin on. "Oh no this guy killed me better delete his ship"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just to make it perfectly clear, he did not damage my ship or kill me.

Qweesdy is also the first person ever banned from MikeLand StarMade. The ban had more to do with his attitude than his ship. The ship was just the cause of the confrontation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    [B said:
    "5. The building or importing of "Doom Cubes" is not acceptable. A doom cube is a shapeless ship with large lumps of systems spammed inside of it. [/B]Usually the builder is even so lazy they don't even bother to cover it in hull. Ships that fit this description will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned. (So this is obvious to the reading impaired: Ships built without hull, or to exploit the game mechanic will be removed. Players who persist will also be removed)."
    Well technically your ship doesn't have hull so it would break the rule.

Reaction score
    Well technically your ship doesn't have hull so it would break the rule.
    It breaks a footnote appended onto the rule, not the rule itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1415973366,1415972962][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm not sure which ship you were in. The first ship (a smaller ship with heat-seekers and salvagers, and radar jammer) got a hole blown in its back-end.

Qweesdy is also the first person ever banned from MikeLand StarMade. The ban had more to do with his attitude than his ship. The ship was just the cause of the confrontation.
    And Mikeland is the only server, for any game, forum or community, that has ever banned me. However; like I've said elsewhere the ban is mostly irrelevant - I had no intention of returning.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

^^This. We have no reason to ban people other than to protect the server and keep it enjoyable for other people. We're not idiots and don't ban people for a power trip or spite. We're mature adults and have a fair bit of StarMade server experience. Qweesdy has embarked on a campaign of discrediting the server, for whatever reason he/she has.

Reaction score
    I play on the server in question and I have seen Qweesdy argue a number of points on the forums for the server. He has not listened to either the server owner or the server manager when they have told him about the rules and server structures. The admin in question is not butthurt and anyone that joins the server is helped by this admin to get started and join our community, regardless of faction and playing status. As far as I know Qweesdy is the first player ever to be banned because he is the first person to think he doesn't fit in with our rules.
    I believe Qweesdy obviously just has a different opinion of what is acceptable in a server and ours has a different opinion of what is allowed.
    I am stumped as to why Qweesdy needs to continue on multiple forums about how the abusive staff of the server have done him an injustice when he has no interest in playing on the server and doesn't like it anyway - I know exactly where the butthurt lies "get banned from server for refusing to place one hull block... splash biased accounts of what has happened on multiple forums". Move on dude, move on.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    ^^This. We have no reason to ban people other than to protect the server and keep it enjoyable for other people. We're not idiots and don't ban people for a power trip or spite. We're mature adults and have a fair bit of StarMade server experience. Qweesdy has embarked on a campaign of discrediting the server, for whatever reason he/she has.
    Erm;. I deliberately didn't mention the server name or the name/s of the people involved, because I was trying not to discredit the server.

If mature adults were involved, the administrator would've either waited until after battle, or mentioned something beforehand (I've been using that same ship for about 4 days), or deferred to a different admin (to avoid the appearance of bias); then changed the server's rules to clearly say cloaking is prohibited (if that is the intent), then informed me that the rules had been changed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Welp this thread needs to be closed now. No one wants to read about you getting banned then moving here to cry about it. @kupu

Status
    Not open for further replies.