Is this a bug or intended? Please let us make ASCI Art in Displays

Reaction score
    Reactions: Dire Venom

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, I've never used displays enough to verify it worked before, but I just tried now and it just replaces it with the default square/character not found.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    ... In the old Starmade I was able to copy paste the outputs of those websites into display modules.
    up to what game version did it still work as you would expect it ?

and if you do suspect a bug ... then why is this in suggestions ? ;)

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Even certain simple triangle arrows have disappeared (the ones you can use to clarify what in a display's vicinity does the text refers to).

Display modules are cool, but IMO they kept getting worse and worse: first their original deep blue color was changed to a lighter blue that made them look bland and cartoonish, then we got the recent change in font style that both looks worse and is less readable (not to mention that every display in old blueprints that used to contain strategically spaced out and centered texts are ruined).

Low priority, as these kind of stuff usually are, but I'd say revert the display module both in font style, background color and special-character-compatibility :-p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    my guess is it's a bug. Try adding <style>f=0</style> to your display and see if it fixes it

Last edited:

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They are kind of ugly now that you mention it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    The line that serves to add a "text effect/style" should not count for the limit of lines available in the display block itself ... in my opinion, it is waste a display line uselessly Y_Y

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The line that serves to add a "text effect/style" should not count for the limit of lines available in the display block itself ... in my opinion, it is waste a display line uselessly Y_Y
    You can put text after <style>f=0</style> so you don't loose a line. Also adding a single space after will give you a blank line as well. You do loose text characters though so it would be nice to change the style without having to add the text.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic